study date ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"Hey, Kirkland!" Alfred yelled towards Arthur Kirkland after Callaghan's class was over. Arthur looked behind him, looking surprised. Alfred walked over with what he hoped was a cool

enough swagger. "Wanna, uh..." Alfred flicked his eyes down, then refocused them on Arthur's face, bit his lip, and continued, "help me with my... homework sometime?"

"You're really bad at flirting," Arthur commented, smiling at the look on Alfred's face. "But sure, I can try to help."

Alfred flushed, his cool gone. "A-awesome. I was thinking now." He grabbed Arthur's arm and walked out of there briskly without even looking to see Ludwig's reaction.

"Whoa- Jones!" Arthur yelled as he was pulled towards the student dorms.

Alfred turned around. "Call me Alfred. Alfred from Malibu. Serious Alfred. Alfred who won't be single for long!!!"

Arthur stared at him blankly. "Uh huh. What if I told you that I, by chance, am not gay?"

"Of course you are. Also, sorry if you thought that meant I'm going after you. I'm not. I only came here for love, to win back the man of my dreams!" Alfred placed a hand on his chest dramatically.

"Oh," Arthur responded. "And who may that be?" He asked with a bitter undertone.

"Ludwig, of course!"

Arthur looked down with a sudden tug of disappointment as Alfred twisted the key in the door to his dorm loudly. "I thought we'd just study at the library?"

"But my dorm is comfy!" Alfred protested, pouting.

"Oh, fine," Arthur said. There were pillows everywhere. "Hold on! Where do you even study? There's no desk, or anything, and where even is your book?"

"Uhh... I may not have touched my book since I got it." Alfred gestured to under his bed.

Arthur grabbed the book with the plastic foil still covering it, and ripped the foil off. "Really?" he asked, unimpressed. Alfred merely shrugged. "If you're going to get through law school, you gotta work for it! You can't just sit around waiting for Ludwig because he moved on and you committed to this! I only survived this absolute hell by studying day and night to no end! Do I look like I've slept in a while?"

Alfred shook his head slowly, contemplating what Arthur had said. "Please help me study, then? Maybe I do need to study harder... but I'm not giving up on Ludwig. You don't understand how much his muscles meant to me!"

Arthur sighed, shaking his head. "Fine." And so, they studied and it was hella boring.