19.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

"People are horrible" I wrapped my arm around Billy's shoulders. "But at least they didn't kill you!" Marcus chimed in. "Ha-ha very funny..." the green haired boy rolled his eyes as he spoke.

My eyes turned to face the goth walking though the door. "Aw our best ghoulish friend, dear Petra" I whispered to Marcus. "Viktor." A friend of the big buff man said. "Hey, compa, you got a rabies shot yet? Hear you railed a vampire rat." Chico began after pointing to the poor goth girl. "Eternal life, sure, man. But at what price?" Chico tapped his head walking away. "Communism does not see rich or poor. Only vagina." Victor hit his buddy's hands, giving them a high five.

I could see Billy begin to tear up from knowing the fact, last night, what he had witnessed wasn't a dream, but was in fact real. "Hey Bills you ok?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Just allergies you know?" I did not believe her friend. He was talking more shit then a public toilet gets a day. "Yeah ok man, if you say so..." I looked at Marcus to see that he was also not buying any of Billy's words.

As the pair were caught in a gaze, the bell rang, and snapped them out of it. "Oh, uh, come on class." I stuttered before quickly hurrying in head of the boy. "Hey, wait up!"

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

The pair reached hand to hand combat. I knelt next to Billy and Marcus on the floor, then got up as I realised it was a blowgun lesson! "Yes!" I thought to myself.

Everyone lined up in a lines, rows of 5-6 in each. I stood behind Marcus to chat to him during lessons, I didn't know if the boy knew how to use a blowgun. Everyone just assumed he did. News flash, he didn't.

"Blowguns we're used by the jungle people of Nicaragua for thousands of years." Ms De Luca walked up and down, between the aisles of children. She smashed her cane into the palm of her hand creating at loud smack as it hit the flesh. I was always exited for Ms De Luca's class, I loved finding out new ways to kill, fight and torture, although blowgun only put people to a short knock-out, they were still mildly exiting to use.

"Till the Soviets gave them janky Kalashnikovs. To use one, you must be centred with total focus. Well let's see what you've got." I tapped Marcus's shoulder "Marcus, Marcus!"

"What?" I scoffed. "Okay, jeez, anyways, have you ever, like, used one of these?" I held up my weapon in the air and shook it a little. "Uh, no..."

"Great, this will be fun to watch."

Marcus turned to Saya who blew and got almost a perfect hit. The boy sighed before lifting up the hollow tube to his mouth and blew. It was pathetic. The dart fizzled out of the air and landed at the boys feet. "Well done shithead" I scoffed. Marcus rolled his eyes.

*smack*

A quick whip was lashed across my back. It was so hard that it most likely tore skin. "Shit!" I screamed. "No talking in my class, Miss Grey."

Ms De Luca...

"Sorry!" I struggled, my voice coming out chocked. Marcus hurried to the back of the queue in order to not get hit as well, if you can call it that.

I took my turn using my blowgun and hit a perfect bullseye. I steadily picked one foot in front the other and walked to the back of the line with a slight limp. Once again, I was behind Marcus.

I didn't want to risk getting kicked out of class, so I kept my mouth shut. No talking. The 3rd rule in hand to hand combat. Punishments were much worse than what I just got then if you get sent out.

A whisper came from across the room. Petra and Viktor. Shit. I had to listen to this.

Viktor was behind Petra, helping her hold her gun. "There. There. Yes, I remember your technique." Petra slammed her hands to her side forgetting about her go and just walking to the back.

Viktor followed.

"Are you ashamed for others to know of our beautiful night?" Viktor had joined next to her. "That poor girl" I thought to myself. She banged the school's werewolf and now probably has rabies and a clingy boyfriend.

"Look, Drago, you were a curiosity. Forget about it, okay?" Petra spat back in a sweet voice. "Mhm, you hide your softness and act cold because you fear feelings." Wow I have never thought of it like that. I didn't believe what viktor said though. Petra was just too emo.

"It's not fear you're picking up; it's disinterest."

"Go to legacy dance with me." My heart dropped. No Petra. No. Nothing ever goes right when you go to that stupid dance. "Jesus, you do speak English, right?"

"Rat, Legacy, jock, goth. Why do we let differences define us? Is as song says 'we are the world'." Bullshit.

My turn had risen again, I walked up and blew. Again another bullseye. I continued listening. "Not a world I want to be apart of."

"Come to dance. Have fun. You will be under my protection." Viktor placed his hand on Petra's arm making her gasp. "No. Nay. Nyet!" Petra startled at Viktor's sudden move, quickly stopped it by a quick push, making his hand fall off.

That's it I couldn't listen anymore. I hoped Petra was better than this. But deep down I knew Petra wasn't. She was going to go...

I was brought out of my haze by the bell. Everyone had already left, heading for their next lesson apart from Marcus. He was waiting by the door. Waiting for me. I smiled. No one ever waits for me.

"What do you have next, weapon Master." I already knew he had poisons next, but I just wanted to hear him speak. "Poisons, but you know that because we sit next to each other." a slight smirk appeared on my face, only for a second, it was still long enough for Marcus to notice.

"You cute when you smile."

"What?" I stared oddly at him. "It's cute?"

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵