Chapter 3

After the meeting, Mal went to Evie's house. They were sitting in Evie's studio and Mal told her about how the crown and the scepter were stolen.

"Who else knows about the crown and the scepter?" Evie asked as Mal paced infront of where Evie was sitting.

"No one." Mal scoffed. "I mean, think about it, people are scared enough as it is. We have to employ these entirely new security measures."

"Will this delay our bringing over more vk's?" Evie asked, concerned.

"We're talking about closing the barrier for good." Mal told her.

"But you said no." Evie stated, rather than questioned. "I mean, the four of us are living the dream here, and we finally get to share that. I mean, what could be more important than that?"

"Yeah. I know." Mal nodded in agreement before sitting down in the chair opposite of Evie. "I mean, maybe security or maybe peace of mind for everyone in Auradon."

"Is that what they're thinking? And were they seriously think that no one will ever go in or out of the Isle ever again?" Evie asked in disbelief. "What, we never get to go back and see our parents? And what about these kids? We promised them that they could go back and visit whenever they wanted."

"Yeah, I know." Mal let out a breath as Evie stood up. 

"M, I am so glad that you are going to be a Queen." Evie said with a smile as she grabbed one of Mal's hands. "You will be a part of these conversations, you will stand up for the vk's. Thank you for telling me." Evie smiled at Mal before hugging her. "You're gonna be a great Queen."

...

The next day everyone gathered at Evie's house and got ready for Jane's party. Evie went to help the boys get ready while Mal walked outside. She shut the door behind her and started to walk down the sidewalk, when all of a sudden Audrey teleported into the yard, dressed in a darker outfit, wearing the Queen's crown and holding Maleficent's scepter in her hand.

"I was hoping you were home." Audrey said with a smirk as she walked up to Mal causing Mal to laugh in disbelief.

"Is this a joke?" Mal scoffed causing Audrey to look away from the scepter and at Mal. "What are you doing with the crown and the scepter?" 

"Well, I wanted them, so I took them." Audrey told Mal as if it were obvious. "You, of all people, should understand that, Mal.

"Wait, Audrey, stop!" Mal exclaimed as Audrey started to breathe in the magic of the scepter. "Don't use that."

"I thought you liked spells." Audrey mocked Mal.

"Okay, Audrey, you're better..." Mal started to say.

"Quiet!" Audrey shouted as she turned to look at Mal.

"It's not a toy. It's dangerous." Mal tried to warn Audrey.

"I want to be dangerous." Audrey shouted as she stepped closer to Mal. "My life was perfect until you stole it. And then Auradon turned it's back on me." Audrey told Mal before turning around and walking away. "It's time for a little payback."

"Audrey, wait!" Mal called after Audrey.

Audrey came to a stop on the grass and turned to face Mal with a smirk. Audrey shot magic at Mal who ducked down and tried to cover her face causing Audrey to laugh as Mal turned into an old woman. Mal stood up and touched her face in shock.

"You think Y/N will love you now, you old hag? You'll pay the price of what you did and so will all of Auradon." Audrey told Mal. The front door opened and Evie, Jay, Carlos, and Celia ran out to see what was happening. "So long, suckers." Audrey called out before teleporting away.

"Whoa!" Jay exclaimed as he turned to Mal to help her. "Uh, you might wanna think of a spell for that."

"There's no spell that can reverse the curse of the scepter." Mal croaked out as the group exchanged looks.

"Well, that's a shame." Carlos stated as he looked at Mal.

"Forget about me." Mal told the group. "Audrey's out for revenge. And all of Auradon is in danger."

"What should we do?" Evie asked Mal, worried.

"The only thing more powerful than the scepter... is Hades' ember." Mal told the group.

"Oh! Like he's just gonna hand it over, give them back to the Isle." Jay scoffed.

"And no one knows where his lair is." Evie reminded the group.

"I do." Celia cut in. "I'm his errand rat. I've got the key at my dad's."

"You're coming." Mal told Celia causing her to take a step back.

"But I just got here." Celia whined.

"Mal?" Dizzy called out causing Mal to turn to Dizzy and the twins who stood in the doorway causing the three of them to scream.

"Dizzy, stay here to take care of the twins." Evie told Dizzy as Mal turned away. "We'll be right back and everything will be just fine. Go inside." Evie told them before turning to Jay, Carlos, and Celia. "Guys, go get your stuff."

Celia ran inside with Carlos and Jay behind her.

"How bad is it?" Mal asked Evie causing her to give Mal a fake smile.

"You age beautifully." Evie assured her causing Mal to smile. "Now, let's just get you into something fabulous." Evie told Mal.

"Okay." Mal replied.

"Come on." Evie said as she quickly walked to the house before realizing that Mal was struggling to follow her. "Okay." Evie said as she grabbed Mal's arm to help her walk. "Oh, yeah, there we go. Almost there."

...

After getting changed into their Isle outfits, Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos got onto their motorbikes, with Celia on the back of Mals. Mal led the group through the woods, to the edge of Auradon, to the ocean that led to the Isle of the Lost. Mal lifted her goggles as she looked at the Isle.

"Noble steed, proud and fair, you shall take us anywhere." Mal said as her eyes turned green.

Mal quickly lowered her goggles before driving over the ocean, towards the Isle with the others following her.

"Carlos, you're gonna miss Jane's birthday!" Dude called out after the group from where he watched them.

...

Back at Y/N's castle, Y/N was about to head to Jane's party when her phone rang. She picked it up to see it was Jane.

"Hey, Jane. I'm on my way to the party. My meetings ran long." Y/N told Jane.

"No, no. Stay where you are, Y/N." Jane protested. "Audrey's got the scepter and everyone's asleep. I'm gonna call Mom and tell her to get her wand."

"Is Mal with you?" Y/N asked but Jane had already hung up. "Jane? Jane?"