Chapter 5

After getting the ember Celia and Mal met up with Jay, Evie, Carlos.

"All right. Get in, get out. Jay you're good?" Mal asked as they walked to the bridge.

"Yeah." Jay told Mal.

"Okay. Hold on." Mal stopped the group from walking any further.

Jay held up the remote and pressed it. The barrier opened and they quickly walked through the opening. The ember Mal was holding glowed and she felt a magic shock go through her body and she stayed young.

"Whoa. You got a little Hades thing going." Evie told Mal, impressed, as Mal looked over her body.

"Wow." Mal said with a grin.

"That thing packs a punch, huh?" Carlos asked Mal with a grin as the barrier behind them started to close.

The barrier was almost closed all the way when all of a sudden Harry and Gil jumped through it. The group turned in shock as Harry and Gil stood up.

"We made it, bro." Gil told Harry with a grin.

"We made it." Harry echoed as the two shared a quick hug as they turned to the other vk's who were watching them in shock. "Hey guys. We're just coming for a wee visit." 

Jay and Carlos angrily shoved them as Harry and Gil tried to walk past the group.

"Come on. Hey. Hey." Mal said as Carlos bumped into her causing her to drop the ember. Mal went to grab it when Harry's hook wrapped around her wrist. Harry tugged her wrist and the ember flew out of Mal's hand, going straight towards the ocean. "No!"

It was about to go into the water when all of a sudden a tentacle shot up and grabbed the ember. The vk's watched in shock as Uma popped up from the water.

"Drop something?" Uma asked Mal sarcastically.

"It can't get wet." Mal told Uma, scared. "Give it back before it goes out."

Uma just laughed evilly.

"Uma?" Harry and Gil asked in shock.

"That's my name." Uma said with a smirk as she waved at them before diving back into the water.

"No!" Mal shouted as a whirlpool of water rose up from the ocean.

It kept climbing up before exploding. The group looked down at the water, trying to find Uma.

"Hi, boys." Uma's voice came from behind the group causing them all to turn around in shock.

Uma mockingly held up the ember with a laugh as Harry and Gil walked towards her.

"Welcome back." Harry told Uma with a laugh.

"Uma, you swam off and forgot all about us." Gil said sadly.

"Yeah. Planning her revenge, no doubt." Mal cut in, crossing her arms.

"It's not all about you, Mal." Uma told Mal. "I was looking for a hole in the barrier to let everybody out." Uma informed the group before turning to Harry and Gil. "And you know what I found, boys? It's way better out there than we thought. There's thing that looks like a furry rock called a coconut. And fish so big you could dance on their backs. And they've been keeping it all for themselves."

"Whatever." Mal cut in. "Uma, I need that to break a spell."

"Cast by Audrey, Sleeping Beauty's daughter." Carlos added.

"Mm. So the good guy is the bad guy?" Uma clarified before laughing. "Well, I might not give it back. Let's see what happens."

"Uma, it's not the time for games! People's lives are in danger!" Mal exclaimed causing Uma, Harry, and Gil to chuckle.