The Past

"Of course, who wouldn't know Viktor Vlad."

FLASHBACK TO 10 YEARS AGO

"Tch, damn it. 500 mora can only buy a few loaves of bread."

A 11 year old Ronan says as he places a ragged purse into his pocket. His clothes looked like rags sewn into each other. He approaches a small market full of fresh food. After a few turns he stops at a stall.

"Hm? Oh, it's you again. What do you want?"

A middle aged man says.

"Give me something that's worth this."

Ronan says as he hands the man 400 mora.

"Hm....... you could get about 6 loaves of bread, or if you want I could give you a bowl of porridge for 300."

"Porridge? I thought it was worth 600?"

"You either take it or leave it."

"Fine, I'll take it. Also give me a piece of meat that's worth a 100 mora."

"You got it."

The old man takes a small piece of meat hanging on one of the hooks. Ronan takes it and puts it into his a small container.

"And here's you porridge and bread."

The man hands him 2 small loaves of bread and a bowl of porridge.

"Thanks."

"Don't need to thank me, keep yourself safe out there kid."

"Will do."

Ronan carefully places the bread into his pocket as he starts going home.

After a few minutes into the the harsh snow he finally reaches his home.

Despite being a family of 5, they managed to live a good enough life.

"I'm home!"

Ronan says, after that the oldest sibling he has, Bronya comes to greet him.

"Ah, big brother. You're back."

"Yep, I brought dinner as well. This time we'll have porridge!"

"Porridge!? We haven't had that since 3 weeks ago! I'll call Seele and Angelo, while you set up the food."

"Got it."

Bronya soon returns with Seele, Angelo and a baby Rosetta in Seele's arms.

"Big brother Ronan!"

Angelo says as he comes running at Ronan, climbing into his back.

"Hey slowly there. You've gotten really heavy you know."

"Hey I'm not heavy!"

"Just get down, I brought dinner."

Ronan says as he gets 4 wooden bowls. He then divides them into 3 equal proportions, leaving about 1/8th of the porridge to himself.

"Why is yours so small big brother?"

"Hm? Oh, don't worry. I'm a big boy now so I don't need to eat as much as you guys. Oh wait, I forgot!"

Ronan grabs the piece of meat and puts it into a stone. He then puts the stone right beside a campfire.

"That will be your desert!"

"Wait? You also have meat!?"

Seele asks, her eyes shinning bright.

"Yep."