꒥﹒three 🗡️

Yeonjun isn't this desperate

After entry few ticks of the clock, his head turns towards the door. Each time, he turns back around, only to stare at the dusty book again.

He again tries but to read his book gives up. His mind keeps slipping back to the ticks of the clock. It's doing nothing to quell his unease. Why is it moving so frustratingly slow?

The clock reads fifteen minutes past ten. San, his spy, is fifteen minutes late.

The chair scratches against the floor as Yeonjun finally gets up. His patience fizzles over the surface in satisfaction. He opens the door and sticks his head out. The hallways are empty. He can hear faint noises from the party downstairs, which will go on late in the night.

Yeonjun sighs and closes the door. He hadn't followed the plan. It is his first time going against Kai. Usually, it was Kai and Yeonjun against Soobin.

He acted on impulse and interrupted Kai's meeting with Beomgyu. He had first walked in on Kai and Beomgyu accidentally. Kai has eliminated him as a threat, so he told Yeonjun his plan to take the throne.

That happened a year ago. Since then, he has heard about Kai's plans from Kai himself or through San, sneaking around and replicating the plans.

Usually, Yeonjun doesn't impulsively try to sabotage the plan. He hopes and prays Kai and Beomgyu just thought he was drunk. He isn't expecting Kai to suspect of ulterior motives, but he worries Beomgyu will catch on.

Yeonjun has also tried to find Soobin's plans too. So, for he has found nothing. Yeonjun knows he is hiding something. San hasn't even found letters from his admirers.

Maybe San has been captured and is undergoing torture. If that's the case, Yeonjun can't help him now. They might even let him go if he keeps his mouth shut.

He decides not to worry about it and gets ready for bed. He washes his face with soap until his face is bare of the makeup.

Не got a lot of compliments about his appearance. Being a public figure, he has gotten used to it now. At times, he can't tell the lies from the truths. Sometimes people feed him sweet lies, so he extends the gratitude and dangles a precious jewel from them to snatch and devour.

Yeonjun changes into his pink silk pyjamas and slips into bed. The cool breeze flows in through the open window and whispers in his ear, sweet melodies of a better world.

Slowly, Yeonjun drifts into the better world. Where he doesn't have to play the role, he does on a regular basis.

He hasn't slept a wink last night, he couldn't. He sat at his desk, going through his plan and again. Under the dim light of the lamp on his desk.

He even contemplated speaking into Soobin's room and find something- anything. He knows it's stupid. But it is an itch which would be so satisfying to scratch.