Chapter Eighteen

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

I don't know how I have survived this long with survival food, but here I am. After the crispy bacon strips in my pockets have disappeared into my tummy after the fourth day, I started hunting down rats, before I turn into mush and die of starvation. At least I did not have to eat them raw, I just skinned them, held the meat in my hand and then slowly watched as the meat turned from raw to cooked. At first it tasted disgusting and with every taste I wanted to vomit, but later on I accepted the taste, because the taste was not going to change, and at least it is food and I should be grateful, but a guilty feeling keeps building up inside me for having to kill those poor little animals.

Everyday I kept wandering these tunnels from top to bottom, in need for an exit, but it made no appearance. Day after day, it ended with me in tears, failing to save myself from these tunnels and from the snake roaming around.

I was seated on the dirty floor, waiting for a miracle, when I suddenly heard a pair of footsteps, making me frown.

A snake can't walk.
I thought.

I sat up straight, my thoughts full of hope that somebody finally realized I was missing and came to save me. I rushed to my feet and eagerly followed the footsteps. My hopes went out the window and worry took over when I saw Ginny, a familiar book in her hand. The leather binding book of Tom Riddle.

"Ginny? What are you doing down here?" I ask the red-haired girl.

I got no response, just a pair of empty eyes staring blankly at me.

I slowly stepped forward but was sent flying to the wall. I groaned out in pain and looked up, only to see the dirty old snake. I quickly jerked my head downward, avoiding its eyes. I held the lower part of my back as I sat still, making no movement and praying that the snake won't eat me. Thirty seconds passed when Ginny's footsteps could be heard again. I looked up, just a little bit, so that I could only see her feet. She was walking further into the tunnels, the snake slithering close behind her. I stood up like a grandma and slowly followed them.

"Ginny!" I yelled at her, hoping that whatever has her in a trance, would break and she would snap back to reality. The snake, however, ignored me, which I was glad for. I did not have to duck and dive.

I followed Ginny and the snake to a tunnel where I have never been before. Snake skin were scattered everywhere and it smells so bad in here.

"Ginny." I said in panic. "Snap out of it!" I yell at her once again as I stood still.

She reached an odd-looking door with snakes on it. Seven snakes that spreads out across the circular door. My eyes went wide when Ginny started speaking Parseltongue.

No...It can't be...Ginny is the one who opened the Chamber of Secrets?! But there is no way that she could be the heir of Slytherin. Unless...

My eyes widen more than before when I looked at the diary in her hand. Tom Riddle talking to Harry through the book. Tom showing Harry the event of fifty years ago through the book. Riddle must have some kind of spell on Ginny. She must have been writing in that diary!

I was a little slow when I realized this crazy accusation, that when gained life, the door was already closing, with Ginny and the snake inside.

"Ginny! Stop!" I scream as I run towards the door. "Wake up! It's a trap!" I yell, still running. "Ginny!" I stop myself from running into the round door as it shut, shutting myself out.

"Crap." I curse, huffing as I stared at the door in defeat.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

I was walking in the dark tunnels, the only source of light coming from a single flame that was floating above my palm. I tried finding another way into that room where Ginny went in, when I suddenly heard voices. I stopped dead in my tracks and blew out the flame. I rubbed my hand against my skirt, trying to get rid of the heat and stepped into the shadow just behind me. The voices grew louder and I backed further into the darkness, afraid of who it might be.