Chapter Nineteen

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

I had to encourage Ron that he will be fine and that nothing is going to happen. For safety, I cast an extremely powerful shield of wind around Ron and Professor Lockhart, afraid that the ice won't be frozen forever.

I stood in front of the circular door, having no idea how to open it. But then I remembered what Ginny did and gave it a try. "Gaaaayshaa gassaaa." I mimicked her hissing sounds, hoping it would work. And according to a sudden bang sound from the door itself, it did. As each one of the stone snakes slithered back to unlock the door, a random lonely snake sailed along the edge, making a full circle until it disappeared behind the giant hinge. The door opened slowly with a groan and I cautiously stepped inside. I stood there for a moment when the door closed behind me with a loud thud. I glare at the door for being so loud. As I took a step forward, a voice spoke through the short, eerie silence. I ducked and dropped myself against the hard, cold and wet floor so that the owner of the voice can't see me.

"How is it that a baby with no extraordinary magical talent was able to defeat the greatest wizard of all time?" I looked up to see who the voice belonged to. It belonged to a young man, a boy no older than sixteen with black hair and a handsome face. He looked tall and pretty. "Hoe did you escape with nothing but a scar, while Lord Voldemort's (I winced at the name.) powers were destroyed?"

"Why do you care how I escaped?" Harry snap. "Voldemort was after your time."

The handsome boy smirked. "Voldemort is my past, present and future." He softly replied.

I snorted quietly. "What a fanboy."

He turned around and traced through the air with a wand.

TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE

It spelled out. I gape at the boy. This is Tom Riddle? Who shoved Harry into his diary to show him who let the monster out? Wow.

Tom then gave the wand a wave and the words rearranged themselves.

I AM LORD VOLDEMORT

No freakin' way...

"You see?" Tom whispered. "It was a name I was already using at Hogwarts, to my most intimate friends only, of course. You think I was going to use my filthy Muggle father's name forever? I, in whose veins runs the blood of Salazar Slytherin himself, through my mother's side? I, keep the name of a foul, common Muggle, who abandoned me even before I was born, just because he found out his wife was a witch? No, Harry, I fashioned myself a new name, a name I knew wizards everywhere would one day fear to speak, when I had become the greatest sorcerer in the world!"

" Albus Dumbledore is the greatest sorcerer in the world!" Harry bit.

"Dumbledore's been driven out of this castle by the mere memory of me!" Tom hissed.

"He'll never be gone! Not as long as those who remain are loyal to him!" Harry hissed back.

Gosh, it feels like watching two children.

Tom gave Harry an ugly look, before he looked up in surprise at the sound of a bird that echoed through the chamber.

From above, a crimson bird, the size of a swan, sweeped through an opening, scaring me. It had a glittering, golden tail, as long as a peacock's and gleaming, golden talons, which were gripping a ragged bundle. The bird was flying straight towards Harry and dropped the thing in his hands and flew away, straight to me this time.

I scoot backwards as the bird land near me and gave me a curious stare. "You're Fawkes." I gasp quietly as I stared at the bird in amazement. "You're beautiful." I cooed as I slowly moved towards him. He just stared at me, watching my every move. I reached out and stroked his feathers. Luckily he didn't bite me, he just continued to stare at me as I happily pet him.