Critical

*Bang!

A loud, frightening sound is heard traveling across the estate. At the end of it, two unsuspecting ocs are running away. Unaware of the impending danger quickly making its way toward them.
_ _ _ _ _

The sudden shot of something small pierces through my back. It was so abrupt, that I was cut off guard. I stagger forward, falling onto my face as I lay there in the grass, twitching. Unable to process what had just occurred. My ears ring from the loud pop sound and unexpected injury.

I felt something wet leaving my back as my mind begins to process what had just happened. 'I was shot.' I thought to myself. Green oozes from my back, tainting the already green grass. 'Is that my blood? Why does it look like that?' I am pulled out of my thoughts when I hear Clear say something to me. When she doesn't get a response, she turns to glare in the direction of the shooter is at.

The sudden pain is finally felt, shooting up all of my senses. I can't help but want to scream, but all I could let out was a small whimper. I can feel my heartbeat increase with every breath that slowly becomes more ragged and short. I lay there, not sure what I should do. If I move, would I bleed out quicker? Did he hit anything vital? I don't want to die this pathetically. I still need to come back home!

"M-my ch-chest h-hurts...!" I manage to say before a huge amount of blood is coughed up. My mouth registers the metallic taste coming from it as I twitch more due to the pain.

I close my eyes, unable to focus on my surroundings. Tears begin to form, blurring up my eyes. I don't register nor feel a single tear as it drips down onto the grass, forming into a small diamond.

 I don't register nor feel a single tear as it drips down onto the grass, forming into a small diamond

I am unsure of how much time passed, but my consciousness kept fading in and out. I don't even notice what Clear is up to, instead, trying to keep breathing. For some reason, breathing is getting harder to do.

"It h-hurts..." I whimper weakly. Unsure for who. My mind travels to my ma's face. Envisioning her smile and the few moments we've had with each other.

As much as I care for ma, we've never really spoken a lot. She was always busy taking care of my older brother and sister who needed special treatment. I was always told to be the better of them since I could think properly.

I think about what ma is up to now. How she is taking the news of my disappearance. I can't help but think she blames me. My fox form. Perceiving it as some sort of demon who took her child.

Thinking that I'll never see her again, more tears begin to fall. Forming into more diamonds. I can feel my blood emptying more quicker. Whatever organ that bullet hit had a lot of blood in that area. My breath weakens, and I black out.
_ _ _ _ _

"AAAAHHHHHH!"

I am awakened from yet another blackout. My ears, still ringing from that sudden shot to my back. I quickly open my eyes to see where the sound was coming from, noticing that I am somewhere completely new.