3: Why Do We Bleed?

TW: SELF HARM AND SUICIDE ATTEMPT

Donnie had been frustrated for some time now. He could never quite graso his feelings and it was killing him.

He often had to wear his gloves everywhere to hide the growing cuts and scars. His brothers never seemed to notice though.

When they'd come back from a mission, he'd lock himself in his room, not coming out to even eat. He seemed to be working on something, or, that's what his brothers told themselves to feel better.

It had been the worst mission ever. Donnie was angry at himself for missing all the cues of his brothers, telling him to cease his actions. He walked into his lab and slammed the door, collapsing in the chair at his desk.

Donnie spotted a nearby box cutter. A generic tool for cutting boxes and foam. He picked it up and turned it over in his hand, pressing his thumb to the blade and watching as a small cut started to bleed.

"It'd be better if I was gone.." He muttered. He removed his gloves, dismissing the multiple scars and stabbed cuts littering his arms and wrists.

Just as he had cut into the tender flesh of his wrist, Raphael, Leo, and Mikey burst into his lab. Donnie jumped, the box cutter slicing up his arm a bit farther than he wanted.

His wound already started gushing blood and he was slowly becoming dizzy.

"DONNIE!! Leo, get bandages, Mikey get disinfectant" Raphael said and the two nodded before leaving quickly.

"What are you doing in my lab?" Donnie protested, but couldn't bring himself to stand up. The dizziness was getting to him.

"Trying to stop you from being a dumbass" Raph muttered and picked Donnie up.

"Put me down!!" Donnie couldn't feel his arms or legs. He'd lost a decent portion of his blood.

"Not until we get you patched up" Raph carried his brother into the living area where Leo and Mikey started to patch his cuts.

"You're gonna be okay Donnie… You may not know it, but things always get better"

Donnie barely heard Raph as he passed out, the pain catching up with him.