| 6 |

The next day, I breeze through my morning routine: a quick jog around the city, shower, and then breakfast. A simple morning routine for a simple life.

A quick jog in the morning is quite helpful to keep my thoughts in organize. During my jog, I actually stumbled upon a group of dogs walked by with their-what, I assume, is the owner of those dogs, or maybe it's an employee in the animal shelter near my place since the dogs they were walking are too much for a single owner to have in this big city. Plus, the pack of dogs has some variety of breeds. There were some that are golden retrievers, while there are those little rascals white terriers. Okay, maybe it is an employee in the animal shelter walking those dogs.

After a jog around the city and a jog back to my apartment, I was so drenched in sweat that it looks like a very specific rain cloud decided to pour all the rain contents on me. I'm still feeling the runner's high on my way to my room. I decided to take the elevator since I think my legs had enough workout for today. By the time I reach my apartment door, that's the moment where my legs decided to give up on me. Oh, thank God I took the elevator instead of the stairs. If my legs decided to give up on me while I'm on the stairs, that'll be an unfortunate accident.

Holding myself up on the door frame while my other tried to fish out my keys. Once I finally fish out my keys, I insert them in the keyhole and twist until I heard a familiar click of unlocking my door. I didn't expect for my door to slowly swing open, which made me almost lose my balance and fall on the floor. It seems I'm not really holding myself up on the door frame, thankfully I have the reflex of a cat. Well, almost, I nearly fall face first on my wooden floorboards if my other hand didn't go straight to the doorknob. This must be a weird sight to watch. Seeing a man almost stumble on the floor because he couldn't feel his legs.

Something tells me this is my fault for overdoing it. Nah, it's my brain being disorganized the moment I woke up from my slumber, making my entire body crave to have a jog around the city.

I slowly enter my threshold, carefully trying not to fall on to the floor. Once I have a decent distance between the door, I reach behind me to swing my door close and lock it, and went straight to the nearest couch. Unexpectedly, my mouth lets out a loud sigh of relief when my ass touched the soft couch as my entire body lean backwards until my back hits the back of the couch. I could sleep in this position, but I have to stay awake since I would rather not soak the couch too much of my sweat. It's quite difficult to clean a couch. I should probably try to get a stain-proof couch in the future.

Once I feel well-rested-and I can feel my legs again-I push myself up the couch and head straight to the bathroom to take a shower. I feel dirty feeling these sweat dry on my skin and nothing a good warm shower could fix that feeling. Before I could step on the bathroom, I immediately remember my charging phone. It was a bit annoying during my jog I couldn't listen to some music since the moment I woke up I forgot to charge my phone. So, in a result, I left my phone in the bedroom to charge until I came back from my jog. It's time for my phone's redemption.

I quickly stroll to my bedroom and check the percentage of my phone. Unfortunately, my phone isn't fully charge, it's only at 83%, but I don't mind using it while it's not fully charged. There's this faint voice in my mind telling playing music in my phone would be a terrible idea. I chuckle at that thought, there's no way listening to some music during a shower would be a terrible idea. My brain is acting weird, perhaps it's the exhaustion from jogging.

When I finally hop on the shower, I make sure to open the music application on my phone before the water hit my entire body. Wouldn't want my wet hands destroying one of the things that keeps my sanity intact. I decided to hit shuffle and keep playing the song on repeat because I'm feeling a little hungry and I don't have time for some private concert in the shower. But when my other hand press the shuffle button while the other turns on the shower-multitasking is my finest skill-the song the decided to play is one of the songs that I swore to stay away from. My phone is torturing me with the song, Tonight by FM Static. Well, too late to hit shuffle again, the water from the shower have already branched off to my other fingers, making me swipe my hands away from my hands to avoid any droplets on the screen. Another thing I need to buy in the future is a waterproof phone in case of this kind of emergency. Also it's not even nighttime, this is not a perfect time to hear that song.