Chapter 30

Saskia

It feels like I've been in this room for months but atleast now I have things to keep my occupied in my prison.I was surprised when the door opened and Viktor entered with sketch pads,pencils and the collection of Steven King's books.I could only assume those books were meant as a joke because what I'm going through is even more horrific.Strangely I haven't had any nightmares about killing my own brother.I won't say out loud but knowing that the bastard is dead by my hands gives me joy. After killing my brother I was flooded with more memories of my upbringing and the love I never received.I often questioned why my own blood didn't care for me when I did nothing to them and I tried desperately for their approval.My eyes focus as I shake away the new memories. I look down to see that I sketched another haunting image of him with a smirk on his face while surrounded by those he's slaughtered. What's wrong with me? This was supposed to be a beautiful picture of my favorite garden.Everytime I sit to sketch I somehow end up drawing him.

I often question if I'm finally going mad.He invades my thoughts daily but I can't let him win this is what he wants. It's been awhile since he's visited and it has me on edge.What is he planning? Tossing the paper to the side I lay and stare at the cracked ceiling. Growing tired of counting the cracks I  turn to the spot where I last saw my brothers dead body.Still nothing,no remorse or sadness. Even knowing that my parents died I was shocked,cried and upset but I realized I didn't actually feel the emotions.I reacted that way because isn't that how a daughter should act after hearing her parents were murdered? I try to remember the love I felt for them or was that another one of my delusions

As I close my eyes I hear the door open."He-hello mam i-its time for your meal and vitamins." I roll my eyes and turn to face Dr. Leonid Popov entering with the tray. I stare at him as he stares at me with an awkward smile. Viktor introduced him to me when he came to do my check up.I learned quickly from how he stares at me and stutters around me that he has a crush on me.He's not a bad looking man but I wasn't attracted to him and I grew more annoyed by his shy actions to the point I wished I could stab my plastic fork in his eye.That annoyance turned into anger when he entered one day and forgot to remove his ring.He's married and flirting with a prisoner. I can just imagine what he does outside of this cell. But I can't get angry and ruin my plans  I've worked hard getting him to where I need him so he can help me escape.

Flashback

1st meeting Dr. Leonid Popov

I hear the door but I don't turn to see him."Saskia I know you're not sleeping.Now get up so I don't have to hear Nikolai bitch and moan about if you're being taken care of." It's Viktor again and it's still not a pleasant surprise.I turn to give him the finger and see a skinny man in a white coat sweating bullets.He looks terrified."Go check her." Viktor says as he pushes the man further inside the room with his good arm.The man tries to get closer to my bed and I move away." I won't let whoever this is touch me." I eye the shaking man and his fear and nervousness is agitating me.Grow some balls,I'm the prisoner here "Saskia he's your doctor and since you've been stubborn about finishing your meals he'll be giving you a check up.If you don't do as I say, Nikolai says he'll come and spend an entire week here in this room just you and him." Viktor smirks as I give up. I watch as the doctor checks my vitals and takes samples of my blood.

2nd meeting

"The doctor will be bringing your daily meals while I get some business done. We told the chef to make sure your meals are balanced to keep you healthy." Viktor ends and I look behind them but I still don't see Nikolai.What are you thinking be happy his ass isn't here.The doctor places the tray on my new desk and I glance at it to see a veggie wrap and fruits.Plastic utensils again.I smile at the thought of them seeing me as a threat.I look up to see the doctor doing an awkward smile as his cheeks get red.Is he blushing? "Y-you h-have a beautiful smile." He says  and Viktor steps towards us but stops at the sound of the speaker." Dr Popov if you don't want to loose a few limbs I suggest you keep your eyes and hands off my woman if you're not doing your job." My head snaps to the speaker.Nikolai. I watch as the doctor pales and Viktor smirks.

Flashback ends

With each meeting I smile and gently touch his arm without being obvious.It didint take long for Leonid to fall for me and vow to take me away from this prison to be together. I try not to laugh at the memory.Gullible.He places the tray on a small table in the corner and I give him my sweetest smile as I walk over to see my meal for the day.Its a beef stew with rolls and lemon cake."You remembered and brought me cake." I say in the sweetest voice as I lightly brush my hand against his making him blush. He tries to step closer and stops remembering the cameras.I always make sure our interactions aren't obvious for the cameras.He leans closer and takes up my supplements.Every day while being here I'm given vitamins to prevent me from getting sick.When they first brought it I refused to take it but then I decided to hoping it was poison.I should have known better that that psycho won't kill me or let me die.

Viktor told me it's to keep me healthy while Nikolai is away and the doctor is to check my mouth to make sure I swallow.After handing me the pills and water I swallow all my pills.I open my mouth and he steps closer to inspect.He gets close in my face and tilts my head back.I feel his thumb brush against my bottom lip."I'll get you out of here soon and we'll be together." He whispers with a smile and I try not to gag. He steps away and nods to the camera letting them look know he's all set before leaving the room.I turn away and wipe away his touch.Disgusting. Atleast I got my cake I've been craving.