Chapter 4

Lia's POV:

As soon as Cole's car pulled up to my house, we were all out the door. The car ride was filled with everyone's chatter, but I tuned them out, too focused on what I was going to do.

"Okay, we're here."

We give the entry code, and walk in, immediately getting hit with the smell of sweat and alcohol.

"Hey, we'll catch up with you later. We're going to find somewhere to watch."

I nod and head for the bar.

I hold up three fingers and point to the whiskey.

The bartender looked over at me. "ID?"

I just stared at him, slightly glaring, before he looked away clearing his throat. "Coming right up."

When he hands me my drink, I turn to watch the fight . After the winner is declared, my name is called. I down my drink, and walk to the stage. I watch as my opponent steps forward. He scoffs as he looks at my tiny frame.

"There is no way I'm fighting this tiny human."

Human?

I ignore him, and the whispers from the audience as they agree. I'm too busy looking for weaknesses - besides the greater the disbelief, the greater amount of money I win. I shrug and stare at him, challenging him with my eyes. He glares at me.

"Fine, but you asked for it." He whispers.

He tries to throw a punch at my stomach, but I twist to the side and grab his arm, locking it between mine. I watch as he becomes frustrated when he can't get it free. I pull him towards me with a carefully blank face. "You should give up now little girl. You're just making me angry, and I don't want to hurt you too bad." He fake pouts. I don't respond, pulling his arm back at an odd angle, threatening to break it. He grins with fake confidence, trying to get back his pride. "You wanna play? That's okay. I'll make sure to keep your face intact so I have something pretty to look at when I take you home." I try not to gag, but release his arm, wanting to wipe the cocky smirk off his face. He looks at me unsure how to react. I use his hesitation, kicking behind his left knee. It gives out, causing his leg to twist and slam into the ground. He takes a second, shocked. I move quickly towards him, grabbing his hair and bringing my knee to his face. He grunts and falls on his back, and I look down noticing I broke his nose. He struggles to move, no doubt having trouble with the ringing in his head from the impact. I walk towards him, bringing the toe of my heel to his throat. I apply pressure and watch, satisfied, as he starts struggling to breathe. I crouch and lean down next to his ear. "Still want to take me home?" I whisper. He slightly shakes his head, and I chuckle darkly. He shivers as I step back, but makes no move to get up.

Everyone's in shock as I am named the winner. I jump off the stage and go to collect my money, not stopping to talk with anyone. I meet Cole and the others at the car. Driving home, we laugh as I count my winnings.

I stop laughing as I finish, staring in shock at the money in my lap.

Cole notices the sudden change in my mood. "How much?"

I turn to look at him, then back at the money, sure I miss counted.

 "50,000"  I whisper.

His eyes widen and everybody's mouths hang open.

I laugh at their faces. "50,000 dollars baby!"

They cheer. "Hell yeah, let's celebrate!"