Journey Through Space

Hope's POV

Ani was exploring the ship and I found an empty room with some bunks. I sat on the floor and took out the cube from my bag. Along with my father's old light saber. I examine it and activate it. I gasp as it ignites and a blade of blue appears. I can't believe it still works after all these years. I turn it off and then pick up the cube examining it. I wonder what would happen if I used the force on it?

I place it down and focus on it using the force. It changes shape and a hologram of man that looks similar to Qui-gon appears. The hologram smiles at me.

"Hello Hope, if you are seeing this. It means I am dead and your mother has given you my holocron. In it contains messages from me to you, along with some training exercises to help you master your abilities. If you ever make it to Coruscant, show this holocron to Master Yoda and he will train you" he tells me.

"Father" I whisper as tears appear in my eyes.

"You probably have many questions, in these messages I'll try to answer them. Please know I loved you and your mother very much. I hope one day you'll be able to meet my older brother Qui-gon. He can tell you stories about me. He recently took his first padawan, a teenage boy called Obi-wan Kenobi. I hope you and he will be friends in future" he tells me.

"Zan?" I hear my mother's voice ask.

"Gotta go kiddo, talk later" he says and the hologram disappears. The holocron floats to the floor.

"Hope" Qui-gon says gently and I wipe my eyes getting to my feet.

"Master Qui-gon sir" I say.

"I'm surprised to find you here alone, I thought you'd be exploring the ship with Ani" he says.

"I just wanted a moment to myself" I tell him. "Did you know?" I ask him.

"Your mother told me the night before the pod race" he tells me. "I wish you could of known him, and that I could of seen him one last time. I see much of him in you" he states.

"So you're my uncle?" I ask as I look up at him. Noticing we have the same colour eyes. He nods his head. "Do you think Master Yoda will train me?" I ask him.

"I'm sure he will" he tells me. "Zan-yosa was his padawan, before he became a knight" he states. "I see you have my brother's light saber also" he adds.

"I don't know how to use it" I tell him. "I mean I can turn it on and off. But I know I'm not ready for a saber yet" I state. "Can I keep it and my fahter's holocron?" I ask him hopeful.

"Yes to the saber and as for the holocron. You may keep it for now, it'll be up to the council whether or not you can keep it once we arrive on Coruscant" he tells me. I nod my head in understand. He waves his hand and the holocron returns to it's old shape. "Best to keep them hidden until we reach the temple" he tells me. I nod my head and put them in my bag.

"I'm gonna go find Ani" I tell him.

"Of course, here" he says handing me his jedi cloak. "It gets cold on a ship" he tells me. I nod my head accepting it. "I'll see you later" he tells me and left. I wrap the cloak around me and go in search of Ani. I soon find him with Padme, she covered him with her over jacket.

"You're from a warm planet, Ani. Too warm for my taste. Space is cold" Padme tells him.

"You seem sad" Ani says.

"The Queen is, worried. Her people are suffering, dying. She must convince the Senate to intervene, or I'm not sure what will happen" Padme tells him.

"I'm...I'm not sure what's going to happen to Hope and me. I dunno if we'll ever see you again" he tells her. He pulls something from his pocket and hands it to her. "I made this for you. So you'd remember Hope and me. I carved it out of a japor snippet, Hope had found. It will bring you good fortune" he explains.

Padme inspects the wooden pendant and puts it on. "It's beautiful, but I don't need this to remember you both. Many things will change when we reach the capital, Ani. My caring for you and your sister will always remain" she tells him.

"I care for you too. Only I...miss" Ani trials off. As tears appears in his eyes. Tears appear in mine also, I know he's talking about mum.

"You miss your mother" Padme says. He nods and she gives him a hug. "I'm sure she misses you also. But you have Hope and she'll always be with you. As will I" she assures him. "Try to get some sleep, I must go see the queen" she states. He nods and she left the room.

"Thank you" I tell her.

"You need not thank me" she tells me. "You should sleep also" she states. I nod and she left. I go sit beside Ani and wrap an arm around him. He gives me a small smile and snuggles into for warmth. We both soon fall into a peaceful sleep together.

A/N

Picture above of Padme covnig Anakin with a blanket and picture on the external link of the Naboo star ship. Picture in chapter of Zan-Yosa Jinn, his light saber and holocron.