Talk with the Council

Hope's POV

"Masters, this is Hope Skywalker. Hope, this is the Jedi Council" Qui-gon says introducing us.

"It's an honour masters" I say bowing to them.

"Hope, don't you have something for Master Yoda?" he asks me. I look at him confused and then realize what he's referring too. I take out the holocron and lightsaber. I place both down in front of Master Yoda. Before returning to the center of the circle.

"These belonged to my father, my mother called him Zan. He left messages for me on the holocron. Said if I ever came here to show it to you Master Yoda" I state. Master Yoda waves his hand at the holocron and it changes shape. A hologram of my father appears.

"Greetings Master Yoda, if you are seeing this. Then I am dead and my daughter has arrived on Coruscant safely. I know not her age, but I beg that you train her in my place" dad's hologram states. "I am sorry for breaking the jedi code, I ask that my daughter not be punished for my sins. I also ask that when she is ready that this holocron be returned to her. As it was mine and it's her birth right" he adds.

"Zan, dinner's ready!" my mother calls and dad turns his head.

"I gotta go Master Yoda, please train my daughter" he says and the hologram disappears. The holocron returns to it's normal shape as it lands in Master Yoda's hand.

"Young one, we wish to test you. Is that alright?" the man beside Master Yoda asks me.

"Of course, master" I trial off.

"Windu" he tells me and holds us a screen. "You need only say what you think is on the screen" he states and I nod my head. He nods and I concentrate. Seeing a speeder.

"A speeder" I say. He doesn't say anything, just signals when another image appears. "A blaster, a cup, another speeder" I say. He lowers the screen looking at Master Yoda.

"How feel you?" he asks me.

"Scared" I admit. "I've never been so far from my mother, but I know she's safe and so is my brother. But I feel dark times are ahead" I state.

"You have a strong connection to the force young one" another master tells me.

"I sense you have used your abilities before?" a woman says.

"I have used the force before, to move things and make a dug leave my brother alone" I admit.

"You should not abuse your gifts young one" the man states.

"I try not to use it, but it's hard" I tell them. "It's why I need a teacher and I want to learn. Become a jedi like my father" I state.

"We will discuss your fate young one" Master Windu assures me. "Send the other one in" he tells a guard. Ani is brought in and I go stand by Obi-wan. They give Ani the same test as me, but with different images.

"Good, good, young one. How feel you?" Master Yoda asks my brother.

"Cold sir" Ani tells him.

"Afraid, are you?" Master Yoda asks.

"No, sir" Ani lies. Even I can tell he is afraid.

"Afraid to give up your life?" Master Windu asks him.

"I don't think so" Ani says looking at me. I give him a reassuring smile.

"See through you, we can" Master Yoda tells him.

"Be mindful of your feelings" Master Windu tells Ani.

"Your thoughts dwell on your mother" another master adds.