•3•

~third pov~

Gobber: Welcome to Dragon Training!

Astrid: No turning back.

Tuffnut: I hope I get some serious burns!

Ruffnut: I'm hoping for some mauling, like on my shoulder or lower back.

Astrid: Yeah, it's only fun if you get a scar out of it.

In between astrid and ruffnut, Marie-Joseph is seen in her armour with her sword on her side. Although still out for sight if hiccup.

Hiccup:  Yeah, no kidding, right? Pain. Love it.

Hiccuo says sarcastically, although softly blushes once he spots Marie-Joseph who stares ahead, putting a piece of short, curly hair behind her ear.

Tuffnut: Oh, great. Who let him in?

Gobber: Let's get started! The recruit who does best will win the honor of killing his first dragon in front of the entire village.

Snotlout: Hiccup already killed a Night Fury, so, does that disqualify him or...?

Tuffnut: Can I transfer to the class with the cool Vikings?

Marie-Joseph hits their shoulders softly, immediately quieting the two snickering vikings; giving them a disappointed look like a mother would give to her children.

Gobber looks towards hiccup.

Gobber:  Don't worry. You're small and you're weak. That'll make you less of a target! They'll see you as sick or insane and go after the more Viking-like teens instead.

Gobber turns back toward the group as he continues to speak.

Gobber (cont.): Behind these doors are just a few of the many species you will learn to fight! The Deadly Nadder!

Fishlegs: Speed: eight; Armor: sixteen.

Gobber: The Hideous Zippleback!

Fishlegs: Plus eleven stealth times two.

Gobber: The Monstrous Nightmare!

Fishlegs: Firepower: fifteen.

Gobber: The Terrible Terror!

Fishlegs: Attack: eight; Venom: twelve!

Gobber: CAN YOU STOP THAT?! And... the Gronckle!

Fishlegs ignores gobber and whispers toward hiccup.

Fishlegs:  Jaw strength: eight.

Snotlout: Whoa, whoa, wait! Aren't you gonna teach us first?!

Gobber: I believe in learning on the job.

Gobber releases the cage door to open, releasing a gronckle who in response immediately goes into attack mode.

Gobber (cont.): Today is about survival. If you get blasted... you're dead! Quick! What's the first thing you're going to need?

Hiccup: A doctor?!

Fishlegs: Plus five speed?!

Marie-joseph: A shield!

She says with a thick French accent that has hiccup mentally swooning.

Gobber: Shields! Go! Your most important piece of equipment is your shield! If you must make a choice between a sword or a shield, take the shield!