5

its been 4 and a half years since hiccup saw Marie, hes received letters from her but he cant help but worry from her last one.

dear mon amour hiccup,

it seems i've been found out. and the pope and royals have deemed me a witch for faking my gender and fighting.

i wish to send my love to the Hoffersons, my family. to berk, my home. and to you, mon amour.

im sorry that we cannot meet once again, so you may stop waiting for me.

im being held in the dungeons of france royal castle before my execution 30th may 1431.

with my whole heart,

Marie-joseph

hiccup was scared. but he has a plan. hiccup gathered the entirety of berk and got his gang and a few other dragon riders such as his father and gobber to help and save his love. its been four years since he's made peace with dragons, its been four years hes waited for his love; he was not going to let her die.

hiccup-its a three day ride to france and by then itll be May 30th, we will save her, no matter what.

everyone - yes!

hiccup- gather your things we leave at sunset!

~

its been two days since they set off for france, they are all tired but hiccup is anxious to get there and help his love Marie.

suddenly, land comes into view

hiccup-we're here! everyone keep quiet, we dont want to be spotted.

hiccup and the gang continue their journey to get to the dungeons where marie is being held. by now, its officially may 30th midday. hiccup and the teens are flying above a large town bustling with people. they think its just a market until they hear coaches and a man(priest)

priest- MY PEOPLE! THIS WOMAN HAS BEEN PROVEN A WITCH AND WILL BE SET ABLAZE FOR HER SINS AGAINST HUMANITY!

hiccup and the gang watch in horror as marie is brought to the wooden pole above piles of wood and changed to it. the guards set the pile of wood a flame and watch as it slowly burns, the fire creeping toward maries feet, but she stays silent and closes her eyes.

hiccup cant believe his eyes and hurriedly flies to marie and breaks her chains and carries her out of there. shocked gasps are heard but hiccup pays no mind and continues on his way to berk, holding marie in his arms. the gang behind him.

~

the teenagers arrived at berk 3 hours ago, but hiccup had taken marie to his home after her meeting her families once again.

her and hiccup lay upon his bed as they hold each other tight.

marie-thankyou mon amour

hiccup lightly kisses her forehead in response 

hiccup-for you my love, anything