40

JUNGKOOK POV

Once hyun dozed off in Jungkook's lap, his form returned to his more familiar human one.

Jimin and Jungkook laid him in his designated crib, then left the daycare for the fenced-off areas set aside for the older babies.

Aera was already asleep but to Jungkook's complete not surprise Jih was still awake and determined to run with them.

"But look at all the toys," jimin told him, holding out a stuffed pheasant that squeaked when you squeezed it.

"There won't be any toys in the woods and there are other pups to play with."

"If you come with us, they can't come."

"Don't want them to come."

"I wanna go with you!"

Jungkook put a hand on Jimin's shoulder. "Let's bring him," he said.

Jimin stood up, the well-chewed pheasant dangling forgotten from his hand. "It'll be a slow run with him along."

"I'm old, Slow is my speed."

"You're not old." Jimin frowned at him but a smile peeked out around the corners of his mouth.

"I've got ten years on you."

"Come on, any excuse to be a pup again."

Jih jumped up and down in excitement. "Dabi, I want to play with Jungkookie."

Jimin opened his mouth, closed it again and regarded the two them suspiciously.

"Am I going to be running with one adult and one pup or two pups?"

Jungkook and Jih looked at each other.

"You have to be good," Jih said in all seriousness.

Jungkook turned to jimin, his lips twitching. "Can't argue with that."

Jimin snorted. "At least I know which one to watch the closest."

"Yes Jih." Jungkook grinned and pulled Jimin gently to him.

"I'll be watching you," he whispered and dropped a light kiss on Jimin's lips.

Then he let go and turned back to Jih. "Okay, time to change!"

Jih stared at him for a moment, then began to struggle out of his clothes, refusing all help.

Jimin met Jungkook's eyes and shrugged. "Pups," was all he said and began to undo the fastenings of his own clothing.

Jungkook stripped quickly and changed in his wolf form.

When he looked up, jimin was just finishing his own change, white fur flowing over his body like water.

He'd seen Jimin's wolf form before but that did nothing to lessen the effect.

As it was, he could only stare and bless the luck that had dropped jimin on his doorstep.

Jimin stood up and shook himself then trotted over to Jih who still squirmed on the ground halfway done.

Jungkook walked over to nose at the half-shifted pup, letting his own power support Jih's when ever he got a little stuck.

Shortly after they were all on four feet and Jungkook yipped, turning his nose in the direction of a section of the wood that was likely to be quieter.

Before they left, he grabbed the pheasant. Might as well bring some entertainment.

In the woods, he raced ahead, hiding behind a tree until Jimin and Jih trotted past.

He let Jimin go unmolested but Jih oh he had plans for Jih.

Jungkook left the pheasant on the ground and leaped out from behind the tree to bowl the pup over, careful not to hurt him.

Jih yelped in surprise and jumped back to his feet.

He barreled after Jungkook, going straight for his rear hock.

Jungkook danced sideways and grabbed Jih's tail gently between his teeth.

He tugged once, then let go and ran away, panting a wolf laugh.

Jih gave a hunter's yip and came after him, eyes bright, a complete alpha even at this age.

They wrestled in the dead leaves, neither one seeming able to win.

Jungkook was stronger but Jih was small and wiggly and damned hard to hang onto.

All of a sudden, another weight landed on him.

Jimin laughed a wolf's laugh at him and held him down so Jih could get a good grip on him.

He went for Jungkook's ear at first but jimin redirected him with a poke of his snout and Jih had to settle for gnawing on the top half of Jungkook's front leg.

Jungkook craned his neck to see Jimin. Traitor.

Jimin laughed again and got off, racing around the back of the tree.

He came back with the pheasant and dragged it in front of Jih.

Jih completely forgot about Jungkook and took off at full puppy speed after his bearer.

They ended up in a tug of war, both of them growling and shaking their heads, though Jungkook, relaxing at the edge of the clearing, noticed that jimin was careful not to pull hard enough to make Jih lose his grip.

Jungkook got to his feet and trotted over.

Jih had one of the pheasant's wings in his mouth and jimin had the tail.

Jungkook reached in and grabbed the other wing, adding his strength to Jih's.

He shot a wicked look at jimin, whose eyes widened, then narrowed, accepting the challenge.

Jimin braced his feet and dug his teeth solidly into the fabric of the toy, whipping it back and forth.

Jih growled and tugged back, his little feet churning away at the damp soil.

Jungkook huffed at jimin and added his own steady pull to the toy.

Slowly they dragged jimin forward, step by reluctant step.

It looked like a slow loss for jimin until the pheasant split in two and dumped them all on their asses.

They sat and stared at each other in stunned silence for a moment, then Jih jumped to his feet, howled at the moon and bolted into the trees.

The two adults looked at each other and took off after him.

______________________________________