8. Closer

130 reads.. This is literally amazing, I am so happy. I would've never guessed so many people would read this. Thank you all so much. I hope you enjoy!

</3

Sal POV:

What happened today with Travis felt too good to be true, could I possibly become friends with him? 

I took off my prosthetic so I could breathe properly,  I was bored out of my mind so I decided to call Larry "Hey man wanna come over and hang out? I have literally nothing to do." I chuckled "Yea sure, I wanted to talk to you anyway." he replied. I hung up the phone,  he wanted to talk to me about something?

A few moments later I heard my apartment door open, Larry didn't come into my room though so I went to see what he was doing. He was raiding my kitchen for food, I sighed, classic Larry.

"Okay man, I think you have enough!" I laughed as he walked over to me with his mouth filled with who knows what. I sat down on my couch right next to Gizmo, He stood up and crawled onto my lap. Larry then sat down next to me. "Soooo uh what did you want to talk about?" I asked, "I wanted to ask where you've been going during lunch these past few days." I wasn't wearing my prosthetic so he could clearly see the worried expression plastered across my face. 

"Dude you literally eat your lunch and then storm out of the cafeteria, the whole group has been wondering where you've been going" Larry stated. "I-I'm sorry Larry, but I'm not allowed to tell you," I said, I promised Travis I wouldn't tell anyone. "Not allowed? What the fuck is that supposed to mean, is someone making you do something??" Larry questioned, he was worried and angry all at the same time. 

"No, No one is making me do anything. It's been my decision to go." I reassured him, "So what the hell are you doing, do you have other friends that are more important than us that you can't even talk about?!" Larry spat, He was definitely annoyed.  "No Larry that's not what's happening. And even  if it was, I'm allowed to have other friends!" I stated, why was this so important to him?

"Then what are you doing!!" Larry shouted, I flinched at his sudden anger. "Larry, he said I'm not allowed to tell anyone!" I immediately covered my mouth, I said too much. "He!? Who the fuck do you keep going to see?? Do you have a boyfriend now?" Larry yelled, He seemed so confused. "even if you do have a boyfriend I don't really care, I'm happy for you. Just why didn't you tell me??" he wasn't yelling anymore. "Larry calm down, he's not my boyfriend. He's just figuring things out and he doesn't want anyone to know he's talking to someone about it." 

*knock knock*

I heard a knock on the door, I squealed. "one second!" I yelled. I ran into my room to grab my prosthetic I quickly put it on and made my way to the door. I opened the door slowly.

Travis was standing there, he looked terrible. My eyes widened, "H-Hi am I interrupting anything?" he asked in a shaky voice. "Is that Travis!?!" Larry called out, he sounded like he was about to explode. 

"Wait is Larry here?" Travis asked he sounded worried, "Yea the fuck I'm here, but why the hell are you!?" Larry yelled. "I-Im sorry, I'll just leave-" Travis said trying to walk away. "No please don't!" I pleaded grabbing his wrist, He winced, that could mean something.

I quickly let go when I noticed that caused pain so I instead grabbed him by the shoulders and pulled him inside. "Sal what the fuck! Get him out of here!" Larry shouted. Travis flinched at Larry's yelling. "Larry stop it! Let me explain!" I raised my voice slightly.

I closed the door behind me and lead Travis to the couch. "Larry, I told Travis he could come over whenever he liked because.. Reasons. Anyways, Travis is the reason I leave the cafeteria at lunch. He hasn't been bullying me or anything like that so don't worry about that, I'm just trying to help him out okay?" I explained.

Larry looked confused, "I am not even going to question this right now." Larry sighed. "I hope you don't mind, but if you could leave us alone for a bit that would be great-? This will all make sense in a while, just give him time" I asked.

"Sure I guess, and Travis if you so much as lay a finger on Sal you're dead, got it?" Larry snarled. Travis looked unamused, he flipped off Larry and then nodded slightly. "Larry," I said tilting my head up to look at him, it was the sort of gaze you get from your mother when she's silently telling you to knock it off.

Larry rolled his eyes and left the room. "I'm sorry about him, he can get a little protective," I said. Travis just nodded, his eye looked worse than usual and there were a few blood stains here on an unusual blue hoodie he was wearing, I had never seen it before.

"I'll be right back," I said walking off into the washroom.

Travis POV:

Sal walked into the washroom and quickly came out with a first aid kit, "Absolutely not." I said staring at him. He just ignored me and continued to walk over to the couch and sit down next to me. "Can you tell me what happened?" he asked, "Nothing important, I can't even remember what I did wrong this time." I mumbled I think he understood what I was trying to say.

He opened the first aid kit and took out some cotton pads and an alcohol-based liquid, "I'm going to clean you up." his eyes scrunched at the sides, I assumed he was smiling. "Didn't I just say no?" I asked, "It doesn't matter what you say because I'm going to do it anyway," he said. I rolled my eyes in response.

He took out a cotton pad and put a drop of the liquid onto it, he slowly came closer "This might sting a bit" he said pressing the cotton pad onto my eye. I winced but Sal was uh.. Distracting me from the pain.

He pulled away and folded up the cotton pad, there was a tad bit of blood considering there was a small cut under my eye.

He grabbed another cotton pad but this time he didn't put the concoction on it. He placed his index finger under my chin and pulled me closer to him, he started to wipe away the blood that was spilling from my nose. He was so close, yet I wanted him closer. Wait I shouldn't be thinking about that! I'm not that gay!

(Girl that whole paragraph was fruity- like bestie I'm sorry but- 🤭)

He was so close yet he still had his mask thingy on, why does he always wear it? "Hey uhm Sal-?" I said I seemed to have startled him. "Yea what's up?" he asked in a calm tone. "Uhm I was just wondering... Why do you wear that mask thing all the time???" I asked, I wasn't sure if that sounded rude or not.

"Well actually it's a prosthetic, when I was little some shit happened to my face so I wear this, I hate my face so this prevents other people from seeing such a terrible sight." he chuckled. What could have happened to him? "Oh, Sal.. I'm sure your face is fine" I said, it made me sad he didn't like his face.

"No, it's really not, take it from me. It's hideous." he sighed, he wasn't even cleaning anymore, he took a break to talk to me.

"Can I see?"

_________________________________________

Yayyyy a cliffhanger, thank you all so much for the reads, I don't even know what to say. I hope you enjoyed!

-author <3

Word count: 1354