8

you sat inside the bus next to kunikuzushi. plopped down comfortably on the window seat, you stared at the window. it looked like you were staring at the scenery outside, but in reality, you were staring at scaramouche's translucent reflection on the clear glass.

his hair was still wet, and his clothing, which was sticking to his skin uncomfortably, was dripping with water.

despite the cold weather, he wasn't shivering; but his pale lips and colorless skin were dead giveaways that he was freezing.

he sat on the seat beside you, edging far away from you as physically possible. he probably didn't want to soak two seats with rainwater. like the friend that you are, concerned, you turned to him with a worried tone laced onto your voice as you spoke.

"kuni, are you okay?"

he just nodded, arms crossed.

"are you sure..? wait, here i think i have a spare towel here. dry your hair, at least." you rummaged through your bag, bringing out a small dry towel for him to use.

he mumbled a quiet thanks, taking the towel from you and drying himself with the towel that was somehow inside your totebag. after he dried himself, you noticed that he was now sniffling. he'd probably catch a cold if he doesn't warm up a bit.

"wait, here. take my coat." you removed your coat, offering it to him.

"what? no, keep it."

"just take it. i can't tolerate having you look like death next to me."

hesitant, scaramouche thought about it for a few moments before taking the coat from you, wrapping it around himself. he couldn't really use his ego right now, since he really was starting to feel a bit sick.

"oh, also, here. tissues, if you need it. i also have water. oh, and those things you inhale when you have a headache? i have one of those." you hold out your bag to him, digging deeper for the said items.

he frowned at you, eyebrows knitted together. "hey. what are you, fucking doraemon?"

you snort at the reference, bring a hand to your lips to stiffle a light giggle as you peered up at him. "i was just concerned, okay? you look like you're freezing your ass off."

"why the hell do you carry around so much stuff?"

"well, it's always nice to be prepared. plus my friends always forget to bring stuff like these."

"oh. are they such babies that they can't even bring things for themselves?"

"..." you stare at him with an eerie smile, making him raise his eyebrows at you.

"what?" he asks, oblivious.

"hah, nevermind."

---

it was peacefully quiet inside the bus. the two of you didn't really talk; it was really silent.

now, the two of you just got off the bus.

"hell, why is it raining so hard?" he complains, sighing.

"don't know. bed weather, i guess. i'm gonna go sleep all day once i get home."

"lazy ass."

"hey, i barely have sleep, okay?" you retort. "now scoot closer, and let's walk you home."

scaramouche walks towards you, inching close so that he was also under the umbrella. shoulders bumping, you both started to trudge under the raging weather.

it was a struggle, walking under one umbrella in the rain. but nevertheless, it was better than walking with none at all.

you could hear kunikuzushi curse under his breath every now and then; he was turning into a walking profanity-spouting machine.