13

things were back to normal again.

classes went on, you and kunikuzushi rarely talked again, and you hung out with your friends. currently, you were out on a weekend shopping trip with yoimiya and kuki.

"well, dang. i'm broke now." yoimiya huffs, carrying two paper bags that contained her new outfits.

"at least you'd look pretty." kuki points out. "i say you slayed."

"true." you say. you didn't really spend much on clothes since you already had bought your own online. so now, the three of you were just strolling around, thinking where to have fun next.

"...wanna go to an arcade and waste all our money on one lousy cute plushie?" you suggest.

"uh, why not?" your blonde bubbly friend responds with a grin.

"or, you could just buy one that you want...?" kuki suggests, but her voice fades off when the two of you started skipping happily to the direction of the arcade. she just sighs, an affectionate smile on her face.

---

"you absolutely suck at this," scaramouche deadpans, raising his eyebrows.

currently, childe was trying his luck for the nth time on the ticket ball machine. he always got the single digits, which made kaeya crack up everytime. xiao just stoicly watched them with a frown on his lips, obviously displeased with the noise around the arcade.

"you know what? this game is rigged," the ginger complains, pulling out the two tickets he won. "let's just play that one rhythm game, kaeya. loser buys 100 tokens,"

"it's a bet."

they both run off, scaramouche and xiao just boredly tagging along with them.

"i feel like i'm taking care of two twelve year olds." xiao quietly utters out, eyes looking tired already. the indigo-eyed male nods in agreement.

just like xiao, arcades weren't really kunikuzushi's thing; but he went along because he needed time away from his work to not let himself get burnt-out.

kunikuzushi looked around as the two grown college men bicker on a machine that was meant for children. he just let out an exasperated sigh; sometimes he really wondered why he hung out with them in the first place.

whilst looking around boredly, one machine caught his eye; he spotted a claw machine that had cat plushies in it.

'she likes cats. what if i win one for her?'

"so, you're gonna play?" xiao asks, observant eyes noticing how his eyes lit up upon spotting the claw machine.

"...yeah."

---

"go get it, (y/n)!" kuki cheers, shaking you.

the three of you were in a mini-karaoke booth, singing (screaming) your hearts out to the stupidest songs. yoimiya suggested this idea and the three of you indeed had fun with it.

"oh, that was the last token." yoimiya wistfully says, placing down the microphone. "let's buy more."

the three of you exited the booth, still feeling a littly giggly from your weird antics with your friends.