32

you didn't know how you got yourself into this situation, but here you were.

scaramouche was a clingy guy– in private, that is. in public, he's just nonchalant. sure, he isn't afraid to accept your affection or initiate something casual such as holding your hand.

but he'd rather die than be caught clinging onto you the way he does when you two are alone. the guy literally won't shut up every morning when you try to leave him alone in bed.

"(y/n)... come back," he'd whine, holding out his arms and feeling out the ghost of your warmth on the empty side of the bed. he won't stop calling out your name– and if you do leave him, he'd fucking ignore you all day. how petty.

currently, you were still on a sleepover with childe, xiao, kaeya, nahida, and scaramouche. it was way past midnight, and the six of you were just watching a few disney movies.

you were all stationed to your own assigned sleeping spaces, thanks to childe's vast living room. nahida got her own little blanket fort, and the three guys had enough space on the sofa bed to share between the three of them.

on the other side, you and your boyfriend were to sleep beside each other on some kind of futon.

and scaramouche was internally dying.

it was taking up every inch of the energy in his cells to just not grab you with his arms and sit you in his lap then and there. scaramouche was just dying to just cuddle you just like how he normally does, but he couldn't. not when his stupid friends were around.

they'd have a field day teasing him if he clung onto you now, that's for sure. but it's just for one night, he tells himself.

unless, you were the one who clung onto him?

so now, instead of watching moana in peace, you were severely distracted. i mean, how could you focus? you could feel scaramouche throwing you random glances, at this point just obviously staring.

it was obvious that he wanted something from you. but you were no genie, you didn't know what the hell was it that he wanted. so after enduring his intense gaze for ten straight minutes, you finally spare him a glance.

"what?" you quietly say, looking at him expectantly (and a little annoyed).

"nothing." he says (it was obviously not nothing).

"then stop staring. watch the movie," you whisper, squeezing his hand.

"i wasn't staring." scaramouche indigantly raises his eyebrows at you. "i was watching the movie."

"really, now? what happened?"

"..." he furrows his brows even more, as if offended. scaramouche just let go of your hands and he crossed his arms, huffing.

"who cares?" he childishly responds. you couldn't even take him seriously with his pigtails.

so you just ended the small dispute with a sigh. you also cross your arms (much to his distaste), making your hands much more inaccessible to hold.

now, scaramouche was getting a lot more impatient. he tried to scoot over to your space, inching towards you as much as he could. he was hoping that you'd get the hint, but you just told him off silently to make some space because you were going to fall off.

so now, your stupidly childish (cute) boyfriend was getting all sulky.

after the movie, most of you fell asleep. the only ones awake were you, scaramouche, and childe.

childe was just silently using his phone, but he was facing the two of you. scaramouche was "sleeping", his back turned away from you while he used his phone. you were also using yours.