003

MATT POV
I couldn't even speak. someone I've known since middle school hurt my bestfriend in the whole world, and I never paid attention.. I stared into space just checked out crying and tugging at my hoodie strings, all of a sudden I get up still crying "I can't do this.." I walked out looking at no one. I needed to leave, I grab my tea from the fridge and my keys, "bub.." brylee says looking at me and she runs down the stairs and I walk towards them and we engulfed each other in the biggest hug. "I should've told you... I wanted to tell you..he-"she chokes on her words. "no. you are my favorite person in the world besides my brothers and parents, I should've known." I say. "you're my favorite person matt, my bestfriend in the world. you and everyone else deserve to know what he did." she tells me and grabs my hand to bring us back to Chris's room. I realize everyone else left his room so I give her one more hug and go to my room.
CHRIS POV
how could I do that.. not notice she was being abused.. I saw wren and matt walking up the stairs and they hugged, I wiped my tears and she walked into my room. "I'm so sorry wren..I promise you me and my family will always protect and love you" I say walking up to her and kissing her forehead. "can we eat our McDonald's with matt nick and bails and watch stranger things?" she says grabbing my hand, "yes of course bubs" "yayyy!!" she exclaims kissing my lips as she squeezed my hand. I melt into the kiss squeezing her hand back, putting my hand on her face making her mouth open a lil bit. "I'm sorry for not protecting you.." I said resting my forehead on hers, I start crying. "chris..." she said slightly above a whisper which made me completely break down falling into her. "I love you bry.. you're the most amazing girl in the world, I should've never let him talk to you.." I rambled as I was shaking hugging her like if I let them go she'd disappear. "chris..I love you too." She says rubbing my hair. "and I know you'd always protect me, I should've done this when we first met but.. I've had the biggest crush on you since we first met. It took me a month to know I was in love with you and I always knew I needed you in my life.." She said looking into my eyes so I know she's serious. "brylee wren madden.. I promise you I will never leave you, and I will literally die to keep you as mine.." I said kissing their head, something me Matt and nick all used to do as kids whenever bry had anxiety attacks. we've all been very protective and clingy over them, we walk downstairs hand in hand to see bails nick and matt already watching stranger things. "BECAUSE HIS FACE OPENED UP AND HE ATE MY CAT!!" nick and bailee scream looking at each other dying laughing making me bry and Matt laugh. "you are the irl dustin and steve fr-" I say shaking my head laughing, sitting on the couch with bry next to me, with my hand on their thigh and head on their shoulder. matt and nick both subtly smiled at me showing their approval, I looked at brylee to see them texting me one simple word.

FLOWER GIRL
mine❤️

I smiled at the text and kissed their cheek "mine❤️" I said back as we spent the rest of the day watching stranger things.