43 - Proposal

Here's a fluffy marriage proposal suggested by Aurora0174

Sorry if there are a few mistakes, I quickly proof read it this morning

Enjoy!

Sitting together on the couch in their house, Chongyun breathes a sigh of contentment against Xingqiu's shoulder. He and Xingqiu had been dating for years now and even living together, and he had been wondering for many days and nights whether he should pop the burning question on his mind: will you marry me?

He didn't know if Xingqiu still wanted them to stay as boyfriends, or if he would be all too enthusiastic to get married, but either way it was hard to tell. He didn't want to accidentally ruin this by asking Xingqiu for something he wasn't ready for or even wanted, but at the same time it was gnawing at him almost everyday at this point.

Every time Xingqiu did anything that made his heart skip a beat, Chongyun couldn't help but want to be married to him more and more, and he was waiting for the perfect opportunity to bring it up.

And fortunately for him, Xingqiu gave him the perfect opening.

"My liege, your attention seems to be elsewhere. Is something the matter?" Xingqiu asked him, taking his eyes off of the book he had been reading out loud.

Chongyun held his breath for a moment before letting it go to answer. "No, just tired. Your reading is making me a little too relaxed." He smiled.

"Hehe, that's good to hear. I just hope you stay awake for the next part, it's the marriage proposal!"

The exorcist perked up at this. Marriage proposal? Maybe this could be helpful for him.

Chongyun made sure to pay perfect attention while Xingqiu continued to read. "My love, you know that you're the only one for me. If you truly wish to marry me, kiss me, and seal our forever promise."

Anxiously, Chongyun raised his head and tilted the other's face with his hand, pressing their lips together. Soon after, Xingqiu returned his affection, even being as surprised as he was. Chongyun wasn't the type to initiate affection very often, so this was certainly unexpected. But given the context of the situation, Xingqiu knew the meaning behind it.

"Xingqiu..." Chongyun spoke against his lips before they separated. The lingering taste of the tea Xingqiu had been sipping was on his lips, something he noted when he formed his next words. "If you don't, I'm totally fine with it but I still wanted to ask..."

He averted his eyes for a moment, looking everywhere but at him before his gaze found its way back to Xingqiu again.

"Will you marry m-"

Xingqiu's lips were back on his before he could finish his sentence, his arms wrapped around his neck.

"Of course I will!"

He tore their touch apart for a moment to smile lovingly at his soon-to-be husband with tears in his eyes before he planted sweet kisses all over his face, leaving words in their wake.

"I will, I will, I will, I will! I will marry you!" He laughed.

"Wait, we need to tell Xiangling the news!" Xingqiu gasped, climbing over the other to grab his discarded book and find his page.

"Right now?"

"Right now! We'll tell her and Hu Tao, and you can even tell your auntie if you want." Xingqiu paused to think about that for a second. "I wonder how she'll react to finding out that we'll be related soon."

He pulled Chongyun up from the couch and out the door, as enthusiastic as ever. "I'm so excited! We're going to get married!"

"I'm glad you said yes, I was really worried that you'd say no and I'd ruin things." Chongyun confessed as they headed out the door.

Xingqiu reassured him with a squeeze of his hand. "I could never say no to you."

**********************************************

Written: August ???, 2022

Finished/Published: October 26th, 2022

(Word Count: 656)