Ch 1: Pain and Rebirth

Ichigo howled in pain as she collapsed when reuniting with her injured friends from that battle against Aizen.

"Shit! This hurts!" she gasped out. "A-am I gonna die? Is this why...Zangetsu didn't want me to use it?"

What I wanted to protect...was YOU!

They knew...and for the sake of winning against Aizen, to protect Karakura Town from him and keep him away from the Soul King, something had to be done.

When Ichigo fought against Zangetsu, she felt her bitterness. Her hatred against what she protects. Her loneliness.

Zangetsu hated the shinigami for making her risk herself for them. Their problems were never hers to begin with. But since she and her family would be dragged into it, she made it her business.

If so, why didn't Isshin do Mugetsu?

Why have Ichigo do it?

Was their question of anger.

That was what she 'heard' before she accepted the blade through her heart.

"I'm losing my powers now...because I used it all up." she thought. "But I never dreamed it would hurt so much! This is so painful! It feels like my soul's being torn apart as I'm losing my powers!"

/Confirmed. Pain Resistance, acquired./

/Confirmed. Spiritual Attack Resistance, acquired./

"I wonder if everyone's OK now that it's all over...I'm so tired." Ichigo thought as her body continued its throes of pain. "If I was born into a world where authorities actually do something, would Zangetsu be happy? They hated the shinigami for what they get me into. The only good thing about it in their opinion, was I'm strong enough to live through that. If I reincarnate, it should be a world without everything they hate."

"Come to think of it, yeah, I'm stupid." Ichigo thought bitterly as her life flashed before her eyes. "Mom's death was because of me. By meeting Rukia I got myself and my friends into all this. My name...I pretty much done goofed because I tried to live up to it."

The battles they get into was not their problems to begin with.

She realized that too late.

She sorrowfully regretted what she got her friends into, but she can never say sorry now.

Her death wouldn't be enough to make up for it all.

"If only I was smarter and not hot-headed, none of this would have happened." she thought. "But because dad's a shinigami to begin with, I'll get dragged into it later anyway. Maybe when things got this shitty and by then its too late anyway. Things would be a lot worse though." Ichigo thought as she imagined a possible future when at the time her father restored his powers, she would get stronger by influence later in life, making him decide to train her. It's inevitable she would become a Shinigami anyway and all powers she has. The difference being she is not trained when Aizen goes god-complex she would die for sure.

/Confirmed. Physical Attack Resistance, acquired./

/Confirmed. Magic Sense, acquired./

/Confirmed. Steel Strength, acquired./

/Confirmed. Magic Aura, acquired./

/Confirmed. Ultra-Speed Regeneration, acquired./

/Confirmed. Airflight, acquired./

/Confirmed. Magic Bullet, acquired./

/Confirmed. Diamond Path, acquired./

/Confirmed. Instant Move, acquired./