•Chapter 4• Important Mission

Robin stood in awe with the large sentient being that stood in front of her. She knew that something of importance would be located inside the structure, but meeting a member of the alien species Architect's was not what she had in mind.

"Ok, Al-an. I'm Robin, is there any reason you're here in such a rough looking place. And so deep under water as well, isn't it difficult for you to get out?" Robin tried making simple conversation with Al-an, which now that she said it out loud sounds more like an interview then small talk.

"... We do not wish to speak on the matter of why we remain here. However in terms of your presence, your assistance with a important mission would be greatly appreciated." Al-an's voice was very computery sounding, but managed to remain at a low and smooth tone. With this request, Robin could almost hear a hint of desperation in the Precursors monotone voice.

"You need my help? I'm not sure if I can be of any service, but if you tell me I might be able to try." She wanted to help out with Al-an's mission, not only because she felt bad, but an alien coming to you for help with a problem isn't something that just happens all the time. Robin tilted her head curiously, interested to know what trouble they needed assistance with.

"Our species has laid out areas of special structures and monuments throughout this sector. We would simply go to observe these sites alone, but traveling in open waters with such aggressive lifeforms is not ideal. We believe that you may be able to assist us with locating and identifying these areas." Al-an's little quest was not as difficult nor life threatening as Robin had expected.

"You keep saying 'we'. How many of there are you? And if they're more of you why do you need the help of an outsider?" She questioned suspiciously, of course she needed to press this info there was no telling what intentions they may have.

"... One of us and all of us. We do not think of ourselves as individual, distinct. The rest of us are not currently located within this planet's galaxy." Their answer was clearly incomplete, although not in a malicious way. Al-an seemed more upset then aggressive. Robin sighed, making up her mind for her final answer.

"As long as you help with gathering supplies and participate in work, I can help you locate these places you need to find... If you don't mind me asking one more question, why do you need to find these places anyways?" She hadn't really thought about it until the subject came up, Al-an had not mentioned why he so urgently needed to get to these sites.

"Each site has information and connection to our people, we are hoping that with each site we will be able to gain a stronger signal to the others." He answered simply, Robin could still tell there was more to the story then they were leading on, but left off her questioning at that.

"Alright, Al-an. Well I didn't come down here with any vehicle's so I hope you can swim."

!NEW REWRITE OUT! •~Unknown Specimen~• (Al-an x Reader Subnautica BZ)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें