CHAPTER 5 - THE ADVENTURERS

The emu, a bird with legs just beyond 1.7 meters long at adulthood. A huge feathery bird that to the top of its head exceeds 3 meters in height. Emu are flightless birds, but can run very fast. Also the bird is willing to eat any weed around no matter how repulsive.

The price of the bird is cheap compared to a horse or a land dragon, something that’s absolutely necessary for a poor adventurer like Joey.

Emus however have many weaknesses. To begin with, Emus can’t carry anywhere near the load of a horse or even just a donkey. Second, Emus are bird-brains that can’t handle any complicated training. Thirdly and most damningly: emus have a very bad temperament and are hostile to everyone except their tamer.

For this reason the Emu was tied to a tree, but the moment Hiyuki caught sight of the bird-

“Heeeー, is that an emu?! It looks like chocobo, so cuteー”

A smiling Hiyuki half-ran to the bird as Joey panicked over the defenseless girl’s approach.

“W-WAIT! That bird has a very bad temperament――”

Before Joey’s warning left his mouth the alarmed bird was bending its leg as though preparing to kick the girl into the air. -At that moment the Bird and the girl’s eyes met.

Ad

The emu’s face twisted in surprise as the bird hurriedly put its foot back down and dipped its head low to the ground in frantic submission.

“…Eh? Eh? Why…?”

While Joey stands confused Hiyuki is gently brushing the bird’s feathers.

“Uwaaah~, this child is so cute~. Something like this exists, eh. I want to bring home 5-6 of these.” Said Hiyuki, a blissful smile on her face.

Oh well it’s fine I guess, it doesn’t seem to be a serious problem… Joey sighed in relief as he started to untie the reins that tied the Emu to the tree.

“There there, I’m surprised you didn’t hurt her, good child.”

Joey gently pats the Emu’s lower chin before getting on the saddle, putting both feet into the stirrup and steadied himself firmly.

Ad

“So Hiyuki, get on behind me. Originally, it was a single seat saddle so it’s narrow, but since you are tiny, it will be fine.”
“You don’t have to say tiny.”

Hiyuki pouts and pulls herself up behind Joey to sit side saddle, her feet together.

…I— I see…she’s wearing a skirt. While his heart’s throbbing like crazy because of her gesture, he still advised her, “It’s better if you keep your hands firmly around my waist so you won’t fall down.”

“O, okay…”

(This chapter is provided to you by Re:Library)

(Please visit Re:Library to show the translators your appreciation and stop supporting the content thief!)

Being told so, Hiyuki glued her slender body onto Joey’s back.

Just as she did, the girl’s particular fragrance that smells like sweet nectar assaulted the young man’s senses, and the pair of softness that couldn’t be mistaken as anything else even if he was lacking imagination, as the elastic sensation hit his back. His whole body becomes hot, and together with his manly urges that seem to erupt, he shakes his head in panic.

“T-This is bad!”

Ad

Joey unintentionally murmurs his voice out loud.