Prologue Part 2: New school, same old me!

Guide to reading some things:

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

*time skips or sounds*

Your mother just let you know you're moving to Japan. Trying not to come off ungrateful you try to keep a soft tone and ask, "Great, just great... Um, when do we leave?"

"Once you've finished this school year, I'd suggest packing on the weekends. Don't you dare use this as an excuse to fall behind academically, you hear me?!" Nodding you let out a hum of recognition. She smiles and walks off, probably to rant to her friends or something. Letting out a sigh, 'Of course academics are still the highest priority, but I might as well start packing and get some work done early.'

*time skip to finally living in Japan*

Japan was different but mother raised you with the culture and mannerisms so it was an easy adjustment. Your favorite thing has been walking to the markets or the 7/11, stores were so much easier to access. Also you learned the area you lived in is monitored by a pro hero at night, it's not dangerous but this is the common escape route for criminals in the city, not far from here. However, mother has gotten worse or more she's changed up her tactics, her newest punishment involves burning a small line on your back, shoulder blades or ears. This was harsher than previous punishments, but not surprising. She explained it as, "You're older and you have gained a pain tolerance. You also happen to be too curious for your age and testing me, so I want to make sure you remember to obey me since I am your mother!" Luckily it's not noticeable and most bandages are hidden by your shirts, since Mother does not allow you to wear tank tops. She also doesn't do it too often, just if its a bad day and she feels you're testing the waters too much.

Anyways, besides that, you're starting a new school. you'll be a second year at this middle school, not too far away, it's just a bit outside the city near a shopping center. You're supposed to start next week since the move took a while and time practically flew by.

*skipping to next week because all that happened was get supplies for school*

*BEEP BEEP BE-*

Hitting the stop button on the alarm clock you get up, 'damn the first day, I better get ready'. Grabbing the school uniform and going to the bathroom, you finish and grab your bag and go downstairs. Making a small breakfast and grabbing your bento that you had prepared the day before, you put it in our bag. After finishing breakfast and double checking you had everything you needed, you head to the school, 'with the distance I will arrive 20 minutes early like the principal asked and then I have to meet with him'.

Once you finally arrived and met with the principal, he started to give you a basic tour. He showed you around the school, answering and asking questions, "Since you're a new student and one who's still new to Japan I asked one of your classmates to help you out. You're fluent in Japanese right?"

"Yes sir, I was raised speaking it along with english." you replied, trying your best to come off as polite and kind. You made sure to keep your tone soft, while holding a small smile. You need to just get through school without any problems.

"Okay that's good, this shouldn't be too hard of a change then! Ahh, here's your classroom, 2A. Shoji you arrived early like I asked! (l/n) (y/n) this is Shoji Mezo, he'll be helping you adjust." You were greeted by a tall guy with a mask and white/grey hair, his quirk made him have extra appendages too. Both of us gave a slight bow in greeting.

"Yes, I'll help guide you for the first days that you need it. Feel free to also ask me any questions if you need to. I heard you're new to Japan so some things might take a bit to get used to." He was very nice with his reply, you felt glad, you were lucky to have him as a guide and not some creepy desperate guy. Walking through the hall earlier you had overheard some of the guys wanting to ask you out since you were new and attractive, they were so gross in the way they just viewed you as something new and pretty to play with.