The Bright Dawn of a New Journey! (PT 2)

"I can hear them all the way over here" Ikari snorted, as she and Lopunny moved carefully through some tall grass. Aurum and Ampharos were very loud, it was a wonder how any pokemon would even approach them. Ikari looked around, listening intently for the soft sounds of hiding pokemon.

Ikari was about to turn around and head to a different area, when she finally heard the soft twittering of a pokemon. It almost sounded like the poor thing was in pain, but it was hard to tell from here. The girl had opened up her mouth to instruct Loppuny, only to find her pokemon bounding forwards to a large American Sycamore.

"Loppuny?" Ikari said softly. Her pokemon was messing with something near the base of the tree trunk, before trilling in slight worry as she stood back up. She approached Ikari again, holding something in her paws; Ikari heard soft, pained twitters coming from them.

"What did you find?" Ikari asked softly. Her Lopunny moved one of her paws, to reveal the dangerously small Fletchling. The poor thing had a terribly bent wing, and was so small Ikari was sure it had just hatched. Though, with no nest in sight, Ikari carefully took off her jacket in order to take the small pokemon herself, gingerly wrapping it in a very loose burrito.

"I don't have any medicine on me at the moment. Lets go find Marina, I'm sure she'll have something" Ikari determined. Lopunny nodded, and the pair turned around before taking off from the direction they came. Ikari kept glancing down, to make sure the Fletchling was still alive; it was, she could feel it through the jacket, just extremely tired it seems. She gave a relieved sigh.

In about five minutes time, Ikari caught sight of Marina. Lopunny trilled and bounded forward, her trainer picking up speed as well, though still cautious as she held Fletchling.

"Ikari? What are you holding?" Marina asked curiously, as she slipped a Dive Ball onto a belt (presumably), hidden by her skirt. Ikari shifted her grip, to allow the other girl to see. She didn't like it when Marina's breath hitched, the girl frowning as she looked over the small Pokémon.

"Lopunny and I found this Fletchling near a tree" Ikari said, her own gaze shifting to gaze over Fletchling. Marina inhaled gently, looking Ikari directly in the eyes.

"Do you know the way to the Pokecenter?"

"Of course"

"Go there. Immediately. I will find Aurum and go over with him as well. Quickly now, you haven't a moment to spare!" Marina was quick to wave off Ikari. The stunned girl just nodded, before both her and Lopunny began to run off in the direction of the Pokecenter, Ikari's worry increasing with every heel click against the pavement.

As they neared the pokecenter, Lopunny began to go faster, so she could get the doors open for Ikari. They opened with a cheerful ding, not that Ikari took the time to notice it as she sprinted inside. This was just an average pokecenter, nothing worth noting. Although, there was a tall male trainer, with bright pink hair, being swarmed by young kids no older than 6 or 7, with a Talonflame on his head. Ikari's focus was on getting the Fletchling help.

"I need help!" Ikari exclaims as she stopped in front of the counter. The pink-haired nurse behind it frowned, and her Wigglytuff trilled slightly. Ikari set the jacket on the counter, snd shifted it around so that Nurse Joy would be able to see the Fletchling, as she caught her breath.

"How could you let your pokemon battle until it reached such a state?" The nurse exclaimed, carefully picking up the pokemon.

"That's not what happened-"

"No matter what happened, at least you got the poor thing here." Picking up the pokemon, she began walking into the back, Wigglytuff tailing close behind. Ikari frowned tightly, watching the pair disappear behind the back with a long sigh. The young trainer ends up walking to an empty couch, and sitting down. Lopunny trills in worry, gently hugging her trainer. Ikari pat the spot besides her, coaxing her partner to hop over the back of the couch and sit down.