Hold On Sweet Dear Morning Will Come (Ziall Oneshot)

You’re eyes are beautiful, like the untamed splendour of the sea so serene and endless, the azure so perfect, the depth so boundless, so deep and infinite. Your eyes remind me of the sea,

I love the sea

“Hold on sweet dear morning will come”

-anonymous

Niall peered at the piece of paper he had found in his locker, the dark ink blanched upon the crisp white sheet, he read it again and again the lines striking him so hard. He stared unto the paper longingly as he felt a blush invading his face, the words just soothing his heart. A smile spread across his lips as he placed the piece of paper in his notebook, that day he didn’t reach for the razor in his bathroom, he merely held the paper close to his heart.

+++

The next day Niall was walking to class when his vision was barred by two figures in front of him, the smile he was once brandishing was now gone as he looked into the orbs of hatred and prejudice, the glower of pure loathing emanating from their eyes. He knew the drill, the words of detest, the constant spits of bigotry the fine finesse of jabs and blows into his small frame, the constant ebb of hurt coursing through his entirety, the helplessness and the solitude it brought. He could not think clearly as his skin grew weary his soul grew heavy with pity for himself, his heart thudding with pure anguish as the beating escalated as the words began to get worse and as the laughter died. He was left alone, a body silent and lifeless on the cold floor, the convulsions ugly and distorted as crimson mixed with the clear beauty of tears, his skin swollen, and his heart broken once more.

He got up the searing pain still evident in his expression; he walked straight into his locker hoping he still had a spare shirt for when he got beat up. He slowly turned the knob the taunts and laughter still fresh in his mind as he opened the metal box. Though before he could look for a shirt a small piece of paper fell onto the floor, small words etched on the cream sheet

Lies fill your ears as they fear your beauty, so graceful and bright. The night shall soon end my dear, the constant pain shall subside. If you are weary always remember the dawn is approaching and the sun will shine, the warmth shall be granted and you shall never shiver again. You shall find the rays and embrace the hope.

“Hold on sweet dear morning will come”

-anonymous

 Niall read it again and again and tears trickled down his eyes, not tears of pain thought, his heart swollen with gratitude at his silent saviour. His words dug deep into his soul and it made meaning to his struggle. The pain will subside, but he couldn’t just wallow in the dark, he knew that people would hurt him, but they couldn’t change who he was, and this person whoever he or she may be, was helping him, someone actually cared. Niall took the paper and put it in his notebook, making sure to read it again whenever he felt down.

+++

Niall was seated quietly in the library. His eyes were trained on the piece of paper that was on the table, the sweet words moving fluidly in his mind, he hoped whoever this was wouldn’t stop writing these notes, he needed them dearly the pain became bearable every time he read the notes. A smile appeared as he tucked it in his notebook. He got up and packed his belongings, he was in hiding from his attackers, the people who found it necessary to beat him up because he liked boys. Ignorant bastards who did not understand love nor people; the only thing they seemed to understand was their shallow notion of what was right, their perverse idea of what wa right. They ruled the hallways with their tyranny, a rule of brawn. To this extent people feared them, they did not dare stand up to them and it was this negligence that baffled Niall the indifference of people who knew something was wrong but allowed it to happen, he viewed these people as cowards and placed them beneath his aggressors, they knew what was right, but neglected to act, the worst kind of pain, the pain of irrelevance.