Bubble Party

"Going on..."

"Yeah...moving on...just keep going..."

"Yup..."

"Gonna get that crown..."

"Oh, yeah...alright..." Patrick tried blowing the airhorn again, but it barely squeaked, so he threw it aside.

"Yeah...victory..."

Bob, Patrick, and Y/n panted after a day of walking, the sun now setting and the sky blackening.

"Are we there yet?" Patrick asked desperately.

"We must be close," Bob replied, grunting, but brightening when he saw a sign, pointing. "Guys! We're doing great! Shell City is only five days away!"

Beneath the sign, the wind blew the tree leaves to the side, where it read "By Car" at the bottom.

"By car..." Y/n read aloud, stretching her legs to get circulation back into them.

"Ugh. I wish we still had our car."

"No, but for real, that thing took forever," Y/n whined, remembering just how much hard work she and Sandy had put into it.

Patrick's eyes lit up as he pointed ahead of them, excitedly yelling, "Bob, Y/n, look! Our car!"

The Patty Wagon sat in the parking lot of a bar. Seeing it, the three joined hands, squealing excitedly.

Y/n bent over the driver door to check out the inside, her face falling when she realized what was missing. "The key..."

"Where do you think it is?" Patrick asked just as a guy got thrown out a window of the bar, whimpering as his leg bent in an unnatural way.

They looked inside the broken window and found small fights broken out everywhere, the room trashed and vandalized. By the pool table was the carjacker, the key in his back pocket.

"There is is, N/n! The key!" Bob pointed out.

Seeing who it was attached to, she backed up and shook her head. "Nope. Uh-uh. I ain't doing jack."

Laughing, just happy to see the key again, Bob cheerfully promised, "Don't worry! Pat and I've got it! But how are we gonna get in?"

"I know. Walk in and ask him for it," Patrick suggested.

"WHADDARE YOU LOOKIN' AT?!" someone inside screamed before another fight broke out.

"Patrick, that's a terrible idea," Bob stated, wondering how that was even an option.

"Sorry..."

Regaining his confidence, he suggested, "I know. I'll go create a distraction, you get the key, and Y/n'll watch out for us."

Bouncing a little, Patrick requested, "Ooh, ooh, wait! I wanna do the distraction!"

Bob and Y/n gave each other confused looks.

"It doesn't really matter who does the distraction," Y/n said.

But Patrick was actually a great actor, bursting through the front door like nobody's business while Bob crawled across the room. He glanced through the window at Y/n and saw her give him a thumbs-up and encouraging smile.

'I wish I was able to show her how much I really loved her that night instead of mindlessly fuck her brains out...that'll always be our first...my first...she deserved a better first.'

Patrick stood in the middle of the room and announced as bravely as he could, "Can I have everybody's attention?"

Everyone turned to look and quickly surrounded him, ready for a fight, making the intellectually disabled man suddenly nervous.