Chapter 5: Yubaba's Contract

Previously from last chapter// "Come closer!" A loud voice said before a sudden invisible force made us fly crossed the entire penthouse and into a random room at the end of the hall. "Ow," I had landed roughly on the hard carpet and could tell by the pain that coursed through my hands and knees I had carpet burn. My poor sister fell flat on her face though. I would have to check her later for injuries.

I looked around the room extravagant room. The fireplace next to me was going and there was a lot of expensive furniture surrounding the area. I stood up and helped Chihiro off the floor. Three green heads bounced over to us and I yelped when they tried touching me. My sister started whining and running around to get away from the two heads that were chasing her. 

"Get away!" I shouted at the head that kept targeting me.

"What a racket. Could you two be quiet?" The same voice from before said. I looked up and saw an old woman with a huge head. Not to be rude but the thing was massive. This had to be Yubaba.

"Excuse me! I was wondering if you could give us a job." Chihiro told the women. Thankfully the green heads bounced away from us and decided to stay in front of Yubaba's desk. The blonde woman looked up from her paperwork and motioned her hand in a straight line. My sister's mouth now zipped shut, making her unable to speak anymore.

"Hey! Why did you do that!?" I shouted glaring at her. I didn't care if she did something to me for speaking to her like that. Yubaba just laughed.

"Stop your babbling or I'll do the same to you. I don't want to hear such a stupid request. You two are just useless weak humans." She said placing a bag of coins in the box next to her.

"How do you know we're weak?" My tone probably came off as cold and rude, but from what I could see Yubaba didn't deserve my kindness. 

"Don't you understand? This is no place for humans. It's a bathhouse for spirits that have come to replenish themselves. The jobs here are meant to take care of our guests; not make things worse."  She told us, as Chihiro still struggled to open her mouth.

"So much for caring about your guests. Our parents turned into pigs!"

"You humans always make a mess of things. Your parents gobbled up all the food for the spirits like pigs! They got what they deserved." Yubaba said lighting a cigarette and placing it into her mouth.

"That's not something for you to decide. You can't just change people's fate because they don't abide by your ideas." I said, but she didn't seem to care. She disrespectfully blew a cloud of smoke in my direction and I coughed, waving it away.

"You two deserve to be punished as well. You could be a piglet. Or maybe you'd prefer a lump of coal?" She joked. I scoffed and glanced over at my sister who looked like she was about ready to cry.

"I can see you shaking." Yubaba said in amusement. Did she find scaring little kids to be enjoyable? How disgusting.

"Leave her alone!" I yelled only for my mouth to get zipped up like Chihiro's. I made a sound of frustration and fought against her curse-ed magic.

"You're quite the feisty one, aren't you?" Yubaba said in between inhaling the smoke. She started speaking again. "Actually I'm impressed you made it this far. Someone must've helped you. I must thank your friend. Just who was it, my dears? You can tell me."

The magic that stopped us from speaking was released and I didn't hesitate to speak. Only it wasn't exactly what the old lady had in mind.

"Please just let us work here!"

"Don't start that again!" She ordered clearly not in the mood to go through the same conversation as before. My sister smiled at me.

"Please! we just want to work!" Chihiro pleaded.