Chapter 72: Drink Bitter Soup Together

There was only Shen Yue in the ward. When Tang Qiaoqiao came in, he seemed to be asleep with his eyes closed.

One of his feet was hung in the air. He is wearing a blue-and-white striped patient gown that could not be more ordinary, with his hair slumped softly. His hands are on his abdomen. He has a peaceful and quiet look, unlike his usual arrogant self. The current him and the usual noble son were like two different people.

However, Tang Qiaoqiao felt that at this time, Shen Yue was a bit charming.

This feeling was bad.

It must be because he almost gave up his life to save her today that she could have such an illusion. Tang Qiaoqiao reminded herself this way in her heart.

But this kind of reminder seemed useless. In her mind, Tang Qiaoqiao kept thinking about the moment when the mountain collapsed when Shen Yue stood up abruptly and rushed towards her.

The two staggered steps had already consumed a lot of his energy. But he tightly protected her under him, and disregarding his own life safety, he protected her from the turbulent mud and rocks.

At that moment, her heart almost stopped beating.

"You still said I'm stupid. I think you're the stupid one. No one will be willing to kill themselves for the sake of others." Tang Qiaoqiao muttered softly.

Shen Yue's leg rehabilitation was already at a critical moment. However, now there is a fractured bone again, which is also because of her.

After this injury, Tang Qiaoqiao felt that she was getting further and further away from realizing her original plan.

The current Shen Yue made her unable to leave him.

"Why did you give up your life to save me?" Tang Qiaoqiao touched his plastered legs and muttered to herself.

"Because I don't want to be a widower either."

Shen Yue slowly opened his eyes, and his jet-black eyes were staring straight at her.

Tang Qiaoqiao's eyes flashed a little panic, and she stuttered a little, "You, you're not sleeping?"

Shen Yue raised his eyebrows and said, "If someone has been muttering beside you, can you sleep?"

Tang Qiaoqiao was embarrassed at being caught. Her face became hot, and she said, "I am crazy to care about you. If I'm annoying you, I'll leave." Tang Qiaoqiao stood up, but Shen Yue grabbed her hand.

"You are already here. Don't go."

Tang Qiaoqiao's small face was flushed, and she tried to break free. But his hands were tightly clenched, and the heat in his palm seemed to penetrate into her skin and scald her in her heart.

"How is your hand?" Shen Yue asked softly.

"Well, there is no big problem." Tang Qiaoqiao waved her arm indifferently.

In fact, Tang Qiaoqiao was not all right. When Shen Yue threw her down, her left elbow hit a hard rock on the ground, causing a sprain of the soft tissue of her elbow.

Tang Qiaoqiao felt that it was just a minor injury, and there was no need to make a fuss. But because of the strong request of Director Chen Hao and Fang Yuan, she had to wear a bandage.

She looked at Shen Yue's hanging feet and her thickly bandaged elbows and chuckles, "We didn't become a widow and a widower, but we have become a pair of patients."

"I would rather be a patient." Shen Yue said.

Tang Qiaoqiao said in a huff, "Don't be so impulsive next time. What can you do? I think your legs might not be able to stand up until the year of the monkey."