Chapter One- The Meeting

When Hizashi had called a family meeting in the past, it was usually over petty things. He and Shota had never had any huge arguments before. There was never a reason to, as they were usually on the same page. Having said this, there had been a few times a meeting was called and it was over more serious matters. These meetings, though, had always been called by Shota. Today is no different.

     Hizashi Yamada is sitting in his quiet studio, finishing up the required editing of his podcast's latest video. His phone buzzes, the vibration catching him off guard for a moment before he digs it out of his pocket to find a text consisting of two words.

Family meeting.

They catch the blond off guard, albeit slightly. 

He shoots back a quick, "Be right there."

Family meetings are always held in the living room, so that's where Hizashi heads. On the way, he stops by the fridge for a water. He finds that the kitchen is in a bit of a hectic state: a few cabinets open, noodles in the strainer sitting in the sink, and the rest of lunch seeming to be unfinished. This is concerning.

Walking into the living room, he spots his husband sitting in the armchair with an anxious look on his face. Hizashi walks over to him, kneeling down beside him. He sets his water down on the coffee table nearby, before taking Shota's hands in his own gently.

"You alright, Sho?" he asks softly, concern showing in his voice.

Shota nods, before turning to Hizashi, "I just need to talk to you about something. Get it off my mind."

"Did I upset you somehow?"

The dark-haired male shakes his head, standing and moving to sit on the couch. Hizashi follows, cuddling close.

"What is it then? It's got to be important if you left lunch halfway through," he says, wrapping his arms around his husband's torso.

Shota takes a breath before speaking again, "Well, I've been thinking... Do you want a kid?"

Hizashi was beyond shocked.

-333 words

-Title and chapter cover not mine