♔︎ Chapter 4

-----

"Episkey!" the boy said as his dark green eyes wandered over the plant that was once rotting in despair. The plant retrieved its lively vivid color and stood back to it's original spot before moving it's head around in confusion.

The larger, older man next to him applaused, cheering on his little friend,"Good job, Ezer! Now you know how to repair broken things, even those that are impossible to be repaired," he pat the head of the moving plant, receiving a blooming flower atop the dirt in the flower pot.

Ezer turned to see him, his dark green eyes revealing itself when the sunlight shone on him brightly.

He stared at the taller one as if considering something.

"I- I have a question, actually..."

"Go on."

Ezer placed his hands neatly behind him, waving his body side by side shyly,"Can I know why you hide your true self from the world? The humans are your creation... Why using 'Theodore' as your disguise...?"

Theo stopped patting, glancing at the boy beside him while raising an eyebrow peculiarly. For him, it was impressive how brave he was in front of the God of Humans even as a timid child, still.

"If I told you some birds can't fly, would you believe me?" he questioned, bending down to his level.

"No...?"

Theo nodded in satisfaction,"And if I told them I created their species, nobody would believe me."

"Even if you prove it?"

"Even if I prove it... You know, I never really got to meet the person who created me and the other ones. I don't wanna ask them because they're all just so... Irritatingly kind. Compared to me, I'm kind of more towards the meany side. BUT I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHO MADE ME, even if I had to climb on the highest mountains or swam across a dangerous sea," he ranted, wanting to know who created him and his 'friends'.

Ezer shook his head,"I'm gonna help you find out who created you then! If I get to have a father-son relationship with my creator, I'd like you to have it too!!" he nodded enthusiastically, excited to help Theo on his said quest.

He chuckled, ruffling Ezer's hair and giggling at how adorable he was acting.

But, the more he played with his hair, the darker the atmosphere became. The plants started rotting and disappearing into ashes, the sky turned pitch black, the floor followed the color of the sky and the humans only left trails of sticky blood.

Ezer glanced around, afraid of what was happening.

He turned back to look at his 'father' but was only met with a monster that jumpscared him. It had a big mouth full of fangs and had no eyes nor nose, only ears and sharp claws on his fingernails. His body was extremely skinny and gray in color. Part of it looked like it was painted in gray over a reddish tones color.

"But, you must remember... What created you can also destroy you."

Y/N woke up in a shock, scanning around her body to see if there was a mark. That was a realistic dream, and even as a highly imaginative person, it was rare for her to dream something that felt very realistic.

She thought back, wondering who the two people were. She couldn't recall their names but she had glances of their faces in her dreams back then, ever since she was abandoned and left sleeping on the streets.

This was technically her first on having dreams about them where they communicated.

Y/N stared blankly at the brick wall in front of her, seeing water leaking from the holes on the roof atop her.