Gridlock Part Three

Celeste walked into the Tardis alone, thinking the Time Lords needed a few moments of privacy with Martha to say what they needed to say. Running her hand along the wall, she smiled as the sentinet machine gave a hum of happiness.

"Hello gorgeous, did you miss us?" Chuckling at the hum the Tardis responds with, Celeste walks through the halls, into the kitchen. She makes herself a drink and sits at the table, starting to become lost in thought.

"You okay love?" Alfie walks in, eyes soft as he looks at her. The Doctor joins them a moment later, sitting next to Celeste.

"Yeah, that was just a tiring one." She gives a small smile, not wanting to worry them too much. Alfie sighs and takes a seat on the opposite side of her, knowing that he couldn't put off talking to her anymore.

"Feisty, the Doctor and I got a message from the Master not long before my regeneration. He found some old documents from Gallifrey about me, or more specifically the experiments that Gallifrey was doing on me and some others." Alfie's voice was sombre, Celeste's eyes widening as she links her hand in his, squeezing gently. The Doctor gave the younger Time Lord a small nod of the head, encouraging him. "They were forcing some of the experiments like me to regenerate, and each time they regenerated, there was a loss of sanity, they became darker each time."

Alfie trails off, eyes meeting the Doctor's as he silently asks him to continue for him. Understanding how hard this was for the man he had come to see as a younger brother, he nods and gives a small look of understanding.

"However, it could be different in Alfie's case, and it seems it is, because of you. You are both of our anchor's, as we are yours. Being on his 9th regeneration now, it seems positive."

"Is that why you two were arguing after he regenerated?" Celeste's voice was soft, her hands intertwined with both of the Time Lords.

The Doctor gives a small nod in response, Alfie surpressing a glower at the Doctor. He still hasn't forgiven the older Time Lord for keeping Celeste away from him, when he regenerated. The three were silent for a few minutes as Celeste processed what she had just been told. She was worried for how Alfie may be affected as time passed, things were going to become so much more dangerous over time and she did not want her Time Lord's to get hurt.

Alfie bites his lip, worried at the fact his bonded had not spoken another word. A part of him was wondering if she was going to reject him, it would pain him but if it was going to make her happy then he'll stay away from her.

"Celeste....my name is Celeste." Both Time Lord's eyes widen as they hear her name fall from her lips. "I'm telling you because I can feel the panic coming from you Alfie in waves, I wouldn't ever reject you and we'll work through this."

A large sigh of relief falls from Alfie's lips and he pulls Celeste towards him gently, holding her tight. The Doctor gains a warm smile as he watches the pair embrace lovingly.

"Celeste." The Doctor sounds out, liking the way it rolled off his tongue. A small blush rose up onto Celeste's face as she felt his emotions. Alfie smirked knowingly, the look in the Doctor's eyes very obvious to them all.

"How about, we take a trip just for us three, have a little break." Alfie suggests, his chin gently resting on Celeste's head. "How does New Orleans sound?"

"New Orleans, here we come."

The next adventure will be for my originals fans, as some of you have requested a crossover. I hope you enjoyed this mini chapter!