Future: Richelle, Sadie, and Gabby

*Gabby POV

"Come on, Alaina," I said, plucking my five-year-old daughter from her car seat.

Alaina giggles, her bright green eyes sparkling in the sunlight. "Hi, Mommy," she said, burrowing her head in my shoulder.

"You know we've been riding in the same car for eight hours," Alathea, my thirteen-year-old said from behind me.

I ignored Alathea's comment and handed her Alaina's suitcase. "Take that, would you?"

Alathea took it dutifully, but rolled her eyes. Having a teenager is hard.

Be an adult, Gabriella, I reminded myself. I felt like a six-year-old on Christmas morning. But instead of presents, I was seeing my sisters.

When I was fourteen, God called me to missions. After I graduated, I found myself in a mission outreach in New York City. That's where I met David, my husband. We moved to Kansas, closer to my family and his, and built a life and a family. Sadie and Richelle stayed together in Oklahoma.

"Alaina!"

I glanced behind me and saw Sarah, Richelle's seven-year-old running down the stairs of her porch. Richelle followed her out, her oldest daughter, Eva, at her shoulder.

"Richelle," I said, embracing her. I breathed in her fruity scent of her hair conditioner. She's used the same one since she was sixteen. That hasn't changed. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too," Richelle smiled at me, her green eyes sparkling in the sunlight.

"As have I," Sadie said from behind our older sister.

I arched an eyebrow. "What's with the language?"

Sadie laughed. "I'm embracing my inner sophistication," she said, smiling.

I giggled. "It's perfect." I lean my head on Richelle's shoulder. "It feels like nothing's changed."

"Nothing has," Richelle replied, leaning her head on mine.

"And nothing will," Sadie added, joining in on the hugs.