Chapter 2

Read it people!☺
I was running fast and furiously down the path I once knew. I heard them calling out for me! But I but I was scared to look back. I knew I was good as dead, I trusted him and he let me down. They all did. I kept running from my death and all I once knew. I had to get out. Then something jumped in front of me and when I looked to see who it was. I was pushed off a cliff......
"Sweetheart wake up, precious come on!" Mom said.
Waking me up from my slumber of nightmares. What was that dream about? I rarely had nightmares.
"Are you OK sweetie?"mom asked worriedly.
"Yeah mom just a bad dream." I said.
"It isn't real always remember that. The plane is landing."she smiled.
We got all our luggage and left the plane and the plane station. We were now heading to our new house. Mom said she got it for a steel and that this was gonna be our last move. When we drove up I almost had a heart attack!
"Its beautiful!" I screamed.
"Its old but I thought me and you can fix it up. We have all summer." She whispered.
"Of course mom ....we have all summer"I whispered in a daze.
It did look like a mansion. A very old creepy mansion.
When we walked in it was a long hallway entering into a big room with a huge staircase. OK and a humongous chandelier um how can we afford this. Then there were like fifteen bedrooms. But I picked the biggest it was on the third floor it had its on floor with a bathroom , a living room, a game room, and a balcony overlooking the marsh. It was funny how it was out in the country. Suddenly I saw three black Cadillacs coming in view.
"Mom who are they?" I yelled from upstairs.
"Who honey?" As she joined me looking on the balcony.
"Sweetheart stay here, keep quiet, and hide!" She said alarmed.
"What's going on!" I demanded.
"No time stay put!" She said in a commanding tone.
I kinda went against her wishes and got on my knees, looking through the banisters on the top of the stairs.
"Right this way my good men" my mom said. Wow was that her? She sounded nothing like herself.
"Get down to business, Clarissa!" The older man said.
Was he talking to my mom? Who is Clarissa!
"We know you have her!" He accused.
Were they talking about me?
"No I don't!" She yelled.
"Her parents want her back. They can protect her better!" He said.
"Me and you both know. Your not here because of her parents." My mom said.
Parents? What?
He pulled out a gun and so did his men.
"Tell me where she is!" He said
"Or you die!" He commanded.
Before I could think I screamed"NOOOO!"
"Run! Don't worry about me ! Go! Run!" My "mom" said.
I didn't want to leave her but those men were coming towards me. So I jumped off the banister an landed thankfully, on my feet. I ran out the door and into the woods. I could hear them mocking me a couple feet away. They were gaining on me quick. I let my instincts take over by making a sharp turn right. I then struggled but got in a tree, while they took a wrong turn and were recovering quickly. I stayed up there for a while until...
*bam* *bam* the sound of two gun shots went off from the direction of the house. I know my mom lied about some thing,but even though she might not be my mother I still loved her. After they ran under me and back towards the house. I snuck behind. I then felt two hands grab me.
----------------------------------------------------------------- Chris POV
"Are you coming to kidnap her?" Jesse asked.
"What? Kidnap who" I asked astonished.
"The girl you just called in apparently she is very important in this war." He shrugged.
"Um no I have other things I have to do" I mumbled before walking away.
I knew I had to protect her. I hadn't got her out of mind since yesterday. For some reason I have regretted that phone call I made. After I did I realized what I had done. They were probably gonna hold her hostage and kill her.
I ran out ,got my keys, and jumped in my red Ferrari. I hope I wasn't to late. I got there while chaos happened. I watched a older man I had never met shoot Sarah's *mom* dead with only two shots. He looked pissed so Sarah must be running. I heard noise coming from the woods so I decided to check there. I ran passed the men and I seen her. That beautiful brown long hair, pulled in a messy bun, with her outfit holding a pair of pink lace shorts, and a white lacy top. I went for her before she could run and see the massacre that just happened. I wrapped my two arms around her and shushed her to be quiet because they were listening.
"Clarissa is dead. Did the girl get away?" The old man said quite loudly.
"Yes sir. We tried." He said with the others.
"Well come on she couldn't have gotten far. " they all got in their Cadillacs and drove off.
"Wh...what....what? My...mom..is...de..dead? " she cried in shock.
Before I realized it she collapsed ,I caught her before she hit the ground. I picked her up bridal style and carried her to my car.
While I was driving I dialed a old friend.
"Hey Joshua, I need to find out everything there is to know about a girl named Sarah Tate. Do not state your job to anyone you have one hour goodbye. " With that I hung up. It was a long drive to where we were going, to think her and her mom were having a fresh start then it all collapsed under them before they could start it.
The phone rang and it was Joshua. I then knew after talking to him. I'd protect her from everything to come. Her past was big and she didn't remember or know any of it. But she would soon. And I hated that I would be the one to tell it to her