67. Meeting a ticket booth

~Felix~

I walked with my girls, who were holding hands behind me, through the train station. There were business men and women walking in and out of the train station and some were on phones or eating. I was gripping hold of the heavy suit cases and walking behind them to the platform that Marzia and I came to the came on that train from Brighton that week before we went on holiday. Only this time we were coming back with three extra family members.

"One child and two adults single tickets to Brighton please." Marzia asked when she got to the ticket booth. There was a middle aged brunette woman sat there who was resti the head on her elbow looking extremely bored. She sighed deeply then gave us the tickets and took the money Marzia payed for them.
"Thank you." Marzia said and put the tickets on her dark jacket. We were about to walk away and go to the train but little Mintypie stopped that with her curiosity.

~Minty~

"Can I ask you something?" I asked the lady in the booth who was looking bored and tired down at me.
"Sure, I'm not going anywhere." the lady replied flicking a pen around in her fingers.
"Why are you so bored?" I asked placing my hands on the end of the booth while I looked up at her with my head tilted. She looked so bored with her job but I don't know why. She worked in a train station which I thought was cool because loads of different people come in and out of here and trains are really impressive things.

"Because I don't like my job." she sighed and crossed her arms resting on them while she looked down at me.
"Why do you not like it?" I asked her still curious.
"Because I don't like traveling on trains, even though I do it every day." she said while looking down at her thumb rubbing her finger nails on her right hand.
"Then why do you do a job you don't like? Isn't that silly?" I asked her with a little frown. She sighed sounding annoyed.
"It's the only job I can get and someone has to do this job kid." she said with she strong London accent. At least I think it's a London accent I don't know.

"Well why-"
"Stop asking questions would you?!" The woman snapped cutting me off and mom put her arm in front of me to protect me.
"Don't you speak to my daughter like that!" Mom yelled as dad came to my other side to comfort me. I didn't really need it and I was stood looking at the lady with a concerned look.
"It's okay mom. I pushed her too far." I said moving her arm out of the way then looked up at the lady again.
"I'm sorry for making you snap. But I hope that in the future you get a job you like." I said as her eyes grew wide with a look of realisation and shock.

Mom then laced her had in mine and we started to walk away to the platforms. I was still a little muddled. I wondered why that lady couldn't get the job she wanted.
"What platform are we on?" Dad asked as we walked and mom let go of my hand to slip it into her coat pocket to get the tickets.
"Err, platform 6." she confirmed then put the tickets back and took my hand again.
"Are you alright Minty?" Mom asked and I shook my head.
"Mom why did that lady not have the job she wanted?" I asked looking up at her. She sighed and shrugged.

"I'm not sure sweetie, she might not have the right qualifications or not be able to get it for some reason. Whatever it might have been." mom told me and I was even more confused. I wasn't 100% sure what qualifications were.
"Shouldn't she be able to get the right qualifications?" I asked and mom sighed.
"Sometimes people can't always get the right qualifications and have to do a job they don't like." dad told me, and I suppose that was kind of the truth sadly.

"I wonder why she yelled at me." I then muttered looked ahead at nothing.
"I'm afraid that's something we'll never know." mom told me and I went quiet. The world is cruel to some people. But there are good people and lucky people in this world so it's not all bad. I kno I'm lucky to be adopted by Felix and Marzia- I mean mom and dad.

"Attention please!" The 9 pm train to Brighton will be leaving from platform 6 in 5 minutes. Thank you." a grouchy voice of a mad said on the muffled speakers that echoed over the station.
"Let's go!" Mom exclaimed and I grinned feeling the excitement of going to my new home fill me up and nearly make me giggle.
"Hurry!" I yelled dragging mom with me to platform 6. A few minutes later a blue and purple square shaped train rolled into the station. I stood in between my parents and near the doors as they opened to let its passengers that were mostly people who looked like they were in a hurry but also looked sleepy as they ate some take out food or were fixing their suits or talking on the phone.

Memories of seeing lots of business people hurrying around in New York flashed in my mind and I smiled at the memory of meeting my parents. As my mom took me onto the train after dad got on I wondered to myself about those business people in New York and the ones here. They always were so grumpy and looked so tired. But I wondered why they were so grumpy because unlike the woman in the ticket booth they got a good education and sure they would have wanted to be business people right?

"Here we go." dad said finding a seat for us and placed the bags above the head area on some shelves. Mom placed Peanuts' carrier on the floor then sat down on the end.
"Dad can I sit in the window?" I asked and he nodded then sat in the middle. I sat next to him looking out the window at the train station that had litter, some red benches, a sign saying 'platform 6' and a man crouched in the corner with a cup in his hands.

"Looks like Peanuts is awake again." mom said I looked down seeing that he was pawing the lock on his cage.
"Can we let him out?" I asked and both my parents nodded. My dad then stood up and got Peanuts out of his cage.
"Calm down little guy." dad said while Peanuts fidgeted a little in his arms as he handed him to me.

"Thanks dad." he said as he sat down next to me.
"It's okay." he said then put his arm around mom and they talked as I cuddled Peanuts.
"Look out the window Peanuts. We're not in New York anymore." I said turning to the side while I held him up so he could look out the window. He sniffed the bottom of the window pain then fidgeted a little in my arms making me giggle.
"We're in London. On our way to our new home." I said and looked down at the little pug puppy and kissed the top of his head.
"That's right. On our way home." I said then rocked him in my arms when he finally stopped wriggling around.

Hey superheroes! Here's another update for this story! Thank you so much for over 1,000 votes and over 24,000 reads! I love you all so much superheroes your amazing! PEACE!