99. Meeting At Christmas

~Minty~

I yawned and rubbed my eyes with my small hands. I sat up in my bed seeing Peanuts, Maya and Edgar waking up and yawning like I did. Then I remembered what today was. CHRISTMAS!
"It's Christmas guys!" I cheered throwing my arms up in the air. Next thing I knew so here it is merry Christmas started playing and my Dad came in singing along. I started laughing and pointed a finger at my hilarious Dad who was wearing a Santa hat, a Christmas jumper with a snowman smoking a cigarette as well as a big pocket on the front and Christmas tree shaped sunglasses while holding up a camera. He said he was making a Christmas video and I wanted to help which I knew would be fun.

"Good morning Minty! Merry Christmas!" He cheered and I cheered too. Peanuts jumped off my bed disturbed when I scrambled out of bed excited. Dad turned down the song that was playing on his phone as my feet hit the floor.
"It's Christmas Dad! It's Christmas Dad! Our first family Christmas! Where's Mom I wanna give her the present we got!" I was so excited I spoke really really quickly. I didn't have much money, some allowance from America that Mom and Dad converted into the UK's currency, but I was able to buy Mom a gift with help from Dad. I did the same with Mom for Dad too and I was excited to give them their presents.

"Yep, it's gonna be great. Your Mom is still sleeping, so, do you wanna come get her up with me?" Dad asked and I nodded grinning. Dad grinned to then stepped out of the way so I could run out my room, down the hall and into my parents room. Mom was just getting up putting her grey dressing gown on. She smiled when she saw me but I was pouting a little.
"Hey Mintypie, it's Christmas morning you excited?" she asked walking towards me.
"Dad said I could wake you up." I said hearing Dad's footsteps behind me.
"Aww, that's mean of him. Well we'll not let your dad eat any of the chocolate we got." Mom said then laughed wickedly me joining in when Dad gasped.

"That is not nice at all! I want some Christmas chocolate!" Dad protested pointing he camera from me to Mom.
"You might be able to get some if you serve the Christmas dinner." Mom smiled playfully at Dad who nodded then stepped towards Mom.
"Can I have a kiss under the mistletoe first please?" He asked sneaking a bit of mistletoe out of the pocket on his jumper and held it above their heads while he puckered his lips and shut his eyes tightly. I frowned and shook my head at my Dad's cliché move on Mom then stole the camera from him and pointed it at them so it would record Mom giving Dad a kiss on the cheek and Dad then returning it but making it longer.

"AWWWW!" I exclaimed at the cuteness of them hoping Billy would do something cute like this when we talked on Skype later today.
"Merry Christmas Marzia." Dad whispered lovingly.
"Merry Christmas," Mom said back then took one of Dad's hands. "Now come on! Let's all open our presents!" She cheered and lead Dad down the hall to the top of the stairs. I pointed the camera up at the following them with the dogs appearing from out of my room tails all wagging.
"Hey guys!" I said in a happy voice pointing the camera at them. We went down the stairs and right into the living room.

The tree was up and lit up on the corner of the room and look fantastic with its silver tinsel and red and silver decorations and star on the very top. There were presents wrapped up in colourful paper and were different sizes all around the bottom of the tree.
"I'm going to make some toast." Dad said taking the camera from me so I could sit down in front of the presents and find the ones I got for my Mom and Dad.
"I got them before we went out shopping that time and went to the scan. I got the cards too before, I'm wanted to be organised since I've never got Christmas presents or cards for parents before." I told Mom putting the two presents separate from the rest.

"Aww, did you ever get anything for Nora with your brothers and sisters in the orphanage?" She asked me sitting on the couch, Maya lay down on the ground at Mom's feet.
"We would put our money together to buy the best present for Nora even if we only had a couple of dollars and we would all sign a card too." I told them while Edgar and Peanuts sniffed the presents. The smell of toast started to creep into the room signally Dad had got the toast on and was in the process of making it.
"That's sweet, which one is mine?" She asked and I pointed to the present that was clearly some kind of piece of clothing but I still hoped my Mom liked it.