Chapter 47

I had been sitting with Matt's mom. She came into the room and carefully, at least that what it seemed like.

"I know your family isn't here yet but you shouldn't let it keep you down sweetie. They are trying their best to get here for you" she says to me. I sigh.

"I just want them to be able to all know at once. How am I suppose to do this without my dad or mom. I know I have Matt but I seriously don't know if I can do it knowing they aren't even here. It scares me. What if something goes wrong and the child isn't able to live and they missed it" I ramble. Matts mom moves quickly to my side and grabs ahold of my hand and gently squeezes it.

"Nothing is going to happen, you are going to get through this and you are going to have a healthy baby" she soothes. I try to nod but my sobs come back but are quickly stopped when I feel another contraction, this one progressively worse than the last few. I'm assuming Matt's mom noticed because she quickly squeezed my hand again before making her way out of the room. I try to focus on my breathing when I hear footsteps and Matt is by my side again, a nurse following him shortly after. The nurse lifts my gown to check my dilation process.

"Okay! It's looks like you're ready!" The nurse exclaims. I look at her and Matt with panic.

"It's okay hun, I will be right back with the doctor" she says gently. Matt grabs my hand and squeezes, placing a kiss on my sweaty forehead.

"Matt..." I whine out.

"I know gorgeous but our little one is ready, it's going to be okay, I'm right here" Matt says reading my mind and brushing the hair from my face and forehead. By the time the contraction is soothed the doctor makes his arrival. He checks out the dilation and confirms my fear. My baby is coming right now and I have to push.

"Alright, dad I'm guessing, these are for you, we won't start without you" the doctor hands him a paper gown, hat and mask. Matt walks over to a bigger area and quickly put everything on, the doctors helping to tie the gown behind his back. Matt is quick to be my side again. He pulls down his mask and kisses my forehead.

"We got this gorgeous, let's have our baby" Matt says quietly in my hair. I nod, the tears streaming down my face. Matt nods to the doctor.

"Alright Val, on three I want you to push as hard as you can, okay?" I nod frantically. The doctor and Matt, quietly, counts to three and I begin to push.

"Alright the head is almost out, looks like this won't be a long birth" the doctor beams. My crying becomes harder and Matt wipes my face with a cool cloth. I look at him and he smiles.

"You got this my gorgeous wife" he smiles at me. I nod and the doctor begins to count to three again.

"Heads almost out, take a deep breath and we'll go again" he says. I nod and take a deep but shaky breath. The counting begins again and the push hard, to the point I can feel my eyes bulging.

"Heads out, one more push and your baby will be here" the doctor says. Matt moves a little to look and I can see his eyes start to water. He comes back over and kisses my head.

"Our baby is almost here my gorgeous, come on I know you can do it" Matt coos.

"I can't it hurts" I cry. Matt wipes my head with the cool cloth.

"I know baby they're almost out. You can do it" he encourages. I nod trying to silence my crys. Matt nods and the doctor counts again and I push on three. I feel the pain become extreme and then settle down and I felt a little empty. I look and see the doctor bringing up the baby. He clamps the umbilical cord.

"It's a....."