SIX

|

|

The grand hall of High Tide was filled to the brim with screaming matches and accusations.

Jacaerys and Jaehaera were hugging a frightened Luke, left alone to fend for themselves while everyone glared and yelled at them. They have long since stopped crying, and for once, they were yelling back at their accusers with the help of their cousins who stood behind them.

"Enough! Cease your yelling at once!" The King yelled, banging his cane against the ground.

Jaehaera stopped her yelling. Her crying eyes turning to bury in her elder brother's shoulder. She couldn't even find it in herself to look over at Aemond's scarred face—the Maester's having done all they could to sew the bloody wound close.

As far as the guards were concerned, Jaehaera had mutilated the Prince. She had been found holding the weapon.

"It will heal, will it not, Maester?" Queen Alicent asked in a desperate voice.

Everyone held their breaths for his answer.

"The flesh will heal." The Maester looked back at the King, face grave. "But the eye is lost, your grace."

Jaehaera released a small gasp, looking to her brother Luke. He looked about ready to burst into tears. But she continued to hug his head to her.

Her and Jacaerys shared a silent look.

The King lowered his head with a troubled sigh at the news, while the Queen whimpered and angrily turned to her eldest.

"Where were you?!" SMACK!

Jaehaera jumped at the sound.

"Ow! What was that for?!" Aegon whined, holding his cheek.

"That was nothing compared to the abuse your brother suffered while you were drowning in your cups, you fool!"

Loud footsteps thundered down the grand staircase, followed by a booming voice.

"What is the meaning of this?!" Lord Corlys yelled over the court. His wife and himself rushing down the steps.

"Baela, Rhaena?! What's happened?!" Rhaenys glided down the steps fast. Her arms immediately wrapping around the girls as they ran to their grandmother.

Right on que, the entrance doors opened to reveal the Heir in her rushed panic. "Jace? Hera?" She looked about the room until she spotted her children, in which she rushed over with haste. "Luke!" She gaped at the sight of her bloody boys and daughter.