Hold Up

October 9th, Sunday. 6:12 AM. 

Scotland was reading the "Isles' Post", an Irish newspaper that covers controversy with the British crown, political unrest, etc. He mainly reads it to be reminded that other people hate his father as well. 

The paper crinkled in his bandaged hands as he looked over the ink writing. It was early morning, Fireburst was asleep in his cage, the lights were dim, and it was just Scotland in this silence. Alone time had been difficult to get ever since the EU insisted that he had another person with him 24/7. So, Scotland had been waking up before England to get some quiet time to himself. 

There was a sense of peace. Scotland wasn't stressed, his mind wasn't going to the past, he was staying in the present, the quiet, calm present. Reading the news with a cup of coffee and in a positive mood. Sadly, you just can't have humble things. 

Just as he wondered if he should wake up his sister, she popped up on the couch right next to him. 

As Scotland turned his head to the right, he greeted in a way as, "Madainn mhath- And you have a knife." 

"Hand them over," England commanded seriously, holding the dagger in a threatening way. Scotland looked at the blade with no amusement, "Why." 

"I know that you have them on you, just give them to me," She wasn't explaining herself, of course. With a sigh, the Scot reached into his pocket and handed over the switchblade that practically never leaves the area. 

"I know you have more," England stated as she grabbed the self-defense weapon. Scotland rolled his eyes and grabbed his satchel that was placed beside him earlier. Until it was handed to his sibling. 

"There, happy?" Scotland spat out with annoyance. His peaceful atmosphere was ruined. 

England glared at him, "Just hand them all over." This was a mugging, an unjust theft of his possessions at knife point.

A few moments later. 

With an annoyed groan, Scotland took off his rings and put them in England's open hand. Fireburst had woken up due to Kaleidoscope being an obnoxious little idiot. And now he was wanting out of his cage. 

England inspected the items in her possession now, possibly counting them. There was one switchblade, two pocket knives, six enchanted items, seven other forms of sharp steel, and who knows what else was in that bottomless satchel. "This is a bit excessive, innit?" She commented. 

"It's a bit excessive when you want every single thing that could be remotely dangerous," Scotland grumbled while folding up his newspaper. He didn't know why she did that and asking wouldn't do any good. And he still had something that she didn't know about.... 

"Why do you even have all of this on you so early in the morning?" England questioned reasonably. 

Scotland stood up and walked over to Fireburst's closed cage. As he opened the door he said, "When life is like this, I'd rather be prepared than defenseless." Fireburst quickly climbed onto Scotland's arm like an over attached rhimeleon. 

"So you need 16 'self-defense items'?" England shamed rudely. Scotland rolled his eyes as he gave his phoenix reluctant affection. "I know that you only use one of these things," She added. Her voice was followed by the snap of Scotland's confiscated switchblade.