part 9 Nightly Double

It's been about 2 weeks after the incident. I'm so much better now. I now always carry a switchblade Two gave me. I also never go places alone.

"Where are you two goin," Darry asked as we were about to leave. We are meeting Pony, Johnny, and Dally at the Nightly double."Two said leaving.

"Bye!" I said also leaving

We saw them in the seats next to two girls. One had dark hair cut just above her shoulders and the other had long red hair.

Two and I snuck up behind them and nearly scared them half to death! We were laughing, but they didn't seem to thrilled.

"Hey where's Dal at?" I asked.

"Ran off," Pony said. I could tell he was trying to focus on the movie, but found it rather boring. " Come on, let's go somewhere else."

We walked out of the drive in and down the street. Two and I were holding a good conversation. We stopped walking when we heard a car pull up slowly behind us.

" It was nice talkin to y'all but it would be best if we get goin. Let's go, Marsha," Cherry said.

A tall man, yet familiar, stepped out of the car. "Cherry! What are you doing?!" They continued to bicker and fight. Something about passing out on the street. I wasn't paying attention. I was too focused on the look Johnny had in his face." Hey is everything alright?" I whispered over to him." It's that guy with the rings man." I stood close to him with my arm around his shoulder.

"Look who we have here," Randy said walking up to me.

"Back off" I said flinging my switch out of my back pocket and taking a step in front of Johnny.

"You better watch it, pal" Two said smashing a glass bottle on fence and handing it to Pony, and also removing his switch.

" What ever, she's a dirty greaser anyways," he turned around and drove away.

" You guys alright?" Two asked.

"Yeah we good," Pony responded. I could see the look of relief in there eyes when the left.

" Hey I'm gonna head on back," I said turning away from Two, Pony, and Johnny.

"I'm on my way, too. Im just going to walk them first."

"Night guys," I said.

The walk wasn't long. A few blocks or so. I passed the DX and saw that the lights were still on.

" Hey Val," Soda greeted me. He seemed sad, which was weird. Soda's never sad.

I jumped up on the counter and swung my legs around so I faced him. " What's wrong, Soda." I said tilting my head slightly.
Soda looked down breaking the long eye contact we had.

" Nothing" he said picking his head back up and smiled. " If anything I'm just a little stressed that's all. Come on let's go home"

We hopped in to Soda's car and drove off.