Cinnamon Sugar.

The one where Harry and his girl live in a small suburban town and she loves Autumn deeply.

Vibe and such? Sickeningly cute. High school sweethearts. Small town festival fun. Late 90s. Handwritten letters, books and poetry.

Perspective? First.

Type? One shot.

Word count? 11.4k. It'll be a fun one. (ooh, a mini rhyme)

 (ooh, a mini rhyme)

***

Noon.

The sun was hitting down beneath the world at the peak of its height. Golden rays kissed down upon the skins of many. Glowing and shimmering, it gave a slightly darkened tone to the natural hue of those bare. A crisp autumn breeze contrasted against the warm temperature, blowing through the trees. Leaves of honey, tangerine and scarlet fell gracefully from branches, saying goodbye with a promise to see new ones soon once the snow lifted.

Sitting under a giant oak tree, hiding from the bright beam of light, I smiled softly and took a deep breath of the fresh air as I waited for time to pass. Everything was so peaceful at this time of year.

But time was both a blessing and a curse.

And there were so many reasons for that.

Time meant the good and the bad. It meant the things that the memories you love and cherish at one moment could be gone in a second. Yet, they can also be replaced by something better or worse.

We all hope for the former. Having those favourite little things we love makes us look forward to getting up in the morning each day.

Little things like when the rays of the morning light wave a hello after a night's storm. Like when you know it's raining, you'll get that fresh scent from the grass just after the wetness fades into thin air. Like when you get the hit of sun that kisses your skin on the first day of summer, creating a smile on your lips. Like when it's the end of a hefty and exhausting time at work, all you know is that relieving feeling when you settle your body in a nice warm bath.

But we also have our favourite times of the year.

There're birthdays, anniversaries, the days you take off from work for a summer vacation, Christmas, and so much more.

Thanksgiving, though, that was my favourite time of the year.

As for our dislikes, there was one thing that came to mind.

Hartford, Connecticut.

I had a love-hate relationship with that city. It took my sweetheart away from me and the place that gave her back to me from time to time.

Unlike her, I stayed home, living in this small town, working as the carpenter everyone knew. I took after my father once he passed. He was loved by everyone, and I came to follow. I learned everything from him. I learned how to fix leaky pipes, electrical outages, a roof caving in, start a fire for old lady Dorothy, and simply build a house from scratch—if I wanted to, that is.