Beach Boy

The one where Summer and Harry take a visit to the beach house and her family is in love with him.

Vibe and such? Getting lost in the woods. Huskies and Border Collie's, and trips to the vet. Ocean breeze, bonfires, and skinny dipping. Cheeky personalities, flirty lines, and absolute charm.

Perspective? First.

Type? One shot.

Word count? 27.4k (Yep, it's the longest I've ever written. Grab a snack...or ten)

or ten)

***

My family was huge.

And they were loud.

And they were nosy.

Oh, so damn incredibly nosy that it could drive one mad.

All to the point where, at times, I was nervous about bringing them up, and it wasn't that I was ashamed of them, but simply because not anyone could handle them. They drove off the handful of guys I'd dated within one dinner of my immediate relatives.

The questions they asked were practically identical every time, and they definitely weren't purposefully out to get them; it was just enough to scare them off.

"So, what do you do?"

"What are your aspirations for the next five years?"

"What do you like about our girl?"

"How big is your family?"

"You should invite your parents over next time. Can we call them?"

And my personal favourite:

"What will your name your kids? I need grandchildren ASAP."

It was easy to say that that did it for them.

It didn't take long for the guy to tell me they weren't interested anymore.

One of them told me after I walked him out. Another shot me a text a few hours later. One called me to ask how my sister (probably Hannah or Lucille, it seemed like something they would do) got his number since she started grilling him personally. Another I'd seen a couple nights after at a bar when I was out with friends—he had his arm around some other girl's shoulder, acting like he never knew who I was. Of course, that's not to forget the guy who completely ghosted me.

I quickly found out that he blocked me.

I swore off dating after that.

It occurred to me that I would never find a guy who could handle my family. My very large, nosy family. 

One would think we popped straight out of My Big Fat Greek Wedding. At least most of Toula's family came just from her aunts, uncles, and cousins.