Chapter 18

"Hey, we can go. My friend is home." Sara's voice startles us awake.

Did we fall asleep on the couch? How long was her phonecall?

"Is everything alright? You were on the phone for a long time..." Trevor asks what both of us were wondering.

We sit up straight. He stretches his arms while I rub my eyes to wake myself up fully.

"Yeah, everything is fine. He just argued with me about staying there." She brushes it off like it isn't anything.

That's rough. I really feel sorry for her. The guy was probably upset that she stayed therefor so long and then kicked her out.

You can't really blame him - I mean, it is his house. But if you are really someone's friend, you help them in any way you can.

"Okay, just give us like 5 minutes to wake up properly and then we can go." I look over at Trevor still stretching.

He stretches backwards which makes his shirt ride up in the front to reveal his toned abdomen. Will he ever stop being the most attractive person in the world? I sure hope not.

"What's that on your neck?" Sara asks him.

I immediately freeze up. I completely forgot.

"A mosquito bit me." Trevor shrugs it off coolly.

Sometimes I forget how cool he is under pressure. Is it strange that the ease with which he lies turns me on just as much as it scares me?

I scramble to cover my hickey with my hair, but I'm too late. "And did the same mosquito get you too, Kath?"

"No... there were two... two different mosquitoes..." My blush deepens.

Someone just kill me now! Never have I ever been this embarrassed.

"Oh please! The only two mosquitoes I see, are sitting right in front of me on this couch! You didn't have those lovebites this morning so you guys probably decided to suck on each other while I was on th phone. I seriously can't believe that I can't leave the two of you alone for 30 minutes without you doing something dumb and cheesy."

I look over to Trevor. Once we lock eyes, we loose it.

Trevor and I burst out laughing and Sara is quick to follow. The ridiculousness of this entire situation is just too much to bare.

God, I love our weird little family.

***

I must say that I was a little surprised when Sara gave us the adress for the place that she had been crashing the past couple of weeks. Okay, that's an understatement - I was baffled by it.

She was staying in one of the nicest part of Seattle; roughly the same area as Hunter.

I thought she was living on a sleeper couch in some weirdo's basement. Guess I was dead wrong.

We pull up to a double storey house, or should I say mansion. The architecture of the building is modern with an abstract design. The garden is well kept and has the greenest grass that I have ever laid my eyes upon.

"You guys can stay here. I'll be back in a few minutes." Sara hops out of the car before we can offer to help her gether things.

Trevor and I exchange a suspicious look but we let it go for now.

She rings the doorbell and within a few seconds the door flies open and reveals the figure of a man. He doesn't step outside, so I can't really see him clearly. But he's tall with brown hair.