05 - Daniel

Previously

"When are you free to meet, weekly." He asked, sounding sort of emotionless.

"Saturdays for lunch?" I asked.

"Saturdays for lunch." He replied.

Okay, I'd be going on a platonic 'date' with the guy who was my best friend turned first love, turned man I hate the most in the world. Nikki, I need you right now. What the hell have I gotten myself into?

"Can I have your address? I'll pick you up at 1, if that's okay. Formal-ish clothes." he said as he half-smiled.

"Yeah, I'll send it to you. 1 is great." He handed me his business card, with his number on it. I slightly thought he would write his personal number on a post it, or something but whatever.

"Call me," He said.

We began talking about how stupid we were when we were 16. I laughed a little but I kept reminding myself that I should not be laughing at his jokes.

His humor was one of the thousands of reasons I was in love with him back then. Maybe, his humor had stayed the same, but he had changed, he had changed as a human being.

Daniel's POV

Talking about our stupid decisions in the past made me realize the only thing I did right was fall for her. Then I got a call Scarlett flashed across the screen of my phone, crap. I was so engrossed in the conversation with Ash that I forgot I had a meeting. I was absolutely crushed that I had to leave her side. I mean. what she said earlier was right we were both completely different people- with different hopes, dreams, strengths, weaknesses and interests. If she was so different, was I truly in love with her or just the version of her 16-year-old me was in love with.

I heard the 'tring' of my phone which brought me to say, "Oh, I'm really sorry but I've got to leave." I gave her a smile and left. She waved as I left the cafe.

I was going to go on a date. Um... no platonic date. "Hangout"? It's probably a business meeting, considering the fact that she hates me- and I pulled a classic Daniel by forgetting whatever the hell I had done.

-------------------------------------------------------

"You're basically going on dates with the girl you liked in high school and calling it professional," Scarlett said mockingly.

"First of all, they're not dates and secondly how do you suppose we solve this situation?" I rebutted.

"Well, whatever it is. Not this," she said as she scoffed at me.

"Look, I know Ash- Ashley. She's the type of person to hold grudges and if I show her that I'm not the same as the guy she's angry with-" I retorted as she cut me off.

"I don't care what you do, as long as you convince Carlos and Valentina to keep you on board," Scarlett said.

"So, you've just been asking me about this information to bully me. Huh?" I asked.

"You know what, I'm leaving," I said, annoyed.

"Have fun on your date," she shouted as I walked out through the door of her office.

I rolled my eyes in irritation. As I covered the brush of light red over my cheeks. How was I acknowledging the fact that Ashley was a completely different person but was still flustered after thinking of being on a 'date' with her.