Chapter 18 Confession leads to Pain

Tricia POV

" who's there" I frighteningly called out without turning around. I can still feel the breeze behind me. using my hand I secretly summoned a glowing orb and turned around, what I saw is nothing. Strange I just heard someone whispered to me.

" Tricia" the same voice called out and I look to my left to see nothing. this voice is messing with me, " Show yourself " I called out while readying my hand to blast the creeper. " I'm not scared of you" I shouted, nice Tricia really not scared?.

" tsk tsk, and here I thought you are strong already, but it seems your still that little girl from before. no worries you will see me soon enough, for now be careful Tricia" the voice said and I feel the energy drifting away. who could that be, and why did she mean by the same as before.

Breathing in and out slowly to calm down myself, I quietly walk out from my room and went somewhere outside. I sprinted into the forest and sat by the cliff. feeling the soft breeze in the area, I scented something. getting alert I jumped up and went into cast mode. 

" Chill, It's just me" Someone said while its figure getting closer I got a glimpse of him, It was Kurt.

" oh hello Kurt, what's up" I calmed down a bit and he sat next to me. staring at him he nodded. " I wanted to talk to you" he said and I listened. " I just wanted to say that I'm glad that I met you" he started

" what do you mean" I asked him and he continued. 

" I mean I was crushing on you the first time I saw you in the forest, and I didn't have the guts to say it to you, since your still hurting after your rejection. so I keep it to myself all the time. the day before I met my mate, I was planning to confess to you but well you are so busy with the events happening so I didn't have the chance to see you and tell you how I feel." he confessed while staring at me. 

The shock in my eyes is evident after his confession, I didn't know Kurt has feelings for me. staring back at him no words come out in my mouth, come on Tricia talk.

" I didn't know that, but well you have your mate now, so you can forget your feelings about me Kurt, I admit it kind of pain me that you confessed your feelings to me today which is if by any chance you haven't found your mate, I would gladly reciprocate your feelings, but I'll tell you frankly that I cannot reciprocate what you feel after I know that your already mated." I said truthfully to him and he smiled.

" yeah, anyways that's what I wanted to tell you before I will go" he said and he stand up and grabbed something from his pocket. he showed me a beautiful necklace. it was a gold chain necklace with a trinket in dangling on the middle.

" what's this for" I asked him, he didn't answer but he put the necklace on my hand. " this is a special necklace that I bought just for you, it was suppose to be a confession necklace but well you know" He shyly said while scratching the back of his head.

I smiled at him and someone came behind him, I look at the female figure that came up and saw Izza Kurt's mate. I smiled at her. in which she waved at me. " Hi Tricia, I happen to pass by and saw Kurt and you so I went here to see what you two doing" she replied with a bit possessive tone in it. 

I shake my head while chuckling. " oh nothing really he just want to give me something" I replied and I showed her the necklace that Kurt gave to me. Izzalea stared at it in awe. " that's beautiful " I didn't know if she was being sarcastic or genuine.

Kurt sensing the brewing tension between the three of us, he nodded at me. " we will be taking our leave now Tricia, It's nice to talk to you again" Kurt waved at me while Izzalea nodded. sheesh calm down girl, I won't steal Kurt from you. It hurt me a bit but well that's what the power of mate is. kind of. after Kurt and his mate departed I went back to the area where I sitted and stared at the necklace.

I can't help but teared up a bit while staring at it. it's the first time I receive a gift such as this, wiping my tear I wore the necklace on my neck and felt the coldness of the chain. looking at it I was leaving the cliff when I saw something from afar.

walking to it as I get near the figure my eyes widen in shock, one surprise and another. I saw George and random strangers. it seems George is being cornered. I sniffed the area and I scented the deathlike scent. fuck Hellhounds.

Charging into the battlefield I stand up infront of George, readying my hands. the hellhounds charged at me. I blasted them using my power. damn it there is no end to this. " Tricia" George called out. I ignored him and continue blasting the hellhounds. this is not good I'm running out of energy. my magic is slowly waning. fuck if my energy runs out we're doomed.

" Tricia, you can't beat them there so many of them." George worriedly called out to me. " I must continue to hold them" I said painfully while changing into a defense mode and Created a barrier that made the hellhounds burn and disintegrate. " Your energy is waning" George said while holding me from my waist, I feel the sparks immediately.

" I must hold them off or we're doomed" I said while trying to release more energy. my body is shaking and my hands are giving in. " don't push yourself" he said softly and I can't hold off any longer, I released the barrier with so much force that it travelled distance away while burning enemies caught up in its wake.

I collapsed on the ground while panting heavily. " are you okay Tricia?" George asked me while lifting me into his arms. I stared at him and nodded. his touch is soothing. " you overdid it this time." he replied and I didn't break my stare. 

" there is more coming" George worriedly said and I look to my left and saw hellhounds charging at us, this is it were done for. I diverted my attention away from the charging hellhounds and stared at George. 

I place my hand on his face and give it a light caress, his face has roughen up a bit, " No Tricia, don't fall asleep, keep your eyes open" he shouted I tried maintaining my consciousness, with a blurred eyesight I drifted into nothingness. the darkness will always be my last salvation.

<><><><><><><>

should I? or not. hmmmm that depends on the next chapter y'all. stay tuned mwah.

Azzy