Chapter 7

His name and the time he cames to the shop. That's all I knew - and all I'll probably ever know - about this man. This man that I had never imagined meeting.

Louis Tomlinson.

"What's your name, curly?" he giggled and pulled over a chair to sit in front of me. It was amusing how he plopped into the cushiony chair with a small huff. Louis could easily squeeze into the chair criss-cross-applesauce style, and I, on the other hand, was too big for that.

"Harry Styles, the one and only."

Louis must've thought I was joking since he quietly snorted and rolled his big blue eyes, "You're funny, Harry the one and only."

Then I thought to myself for a moment; how did the boy not know who I am? Dollie never said he was new, so even then, shouldn't there be some recognition? Hello, I mean I am the prince. He'd figure it out himself, though, so I didn't say anything.

"Why so stiff, curls? Do I make you uncomfortable?" He inquired with a raised eyebrow, "I mean, I could leave, if that's what you prefer."

I was at loss of words; I didn't want to make him feel out of place.

Louis looked down at his lap quickly with a frown, like he'd done something unacceptable. He was twiddling his fingers, thumbs danced around with each other. I could tell he was slightly embarrassed from his lip biting and awkward movement. He looked up, but not at me. Louis' legs supported his weight as he stood up suddenly and coughed for some attention.

"I think I should go-"

"No," I interrupted and stood up faster than ever, pushing him back down, "stay."

He looked a bit shocked by my gesture, but still managed a small nod, "I suppose."

At the time, so many thoughts ran through my head.

What does he mean 'I suppose'?

Does he not want to be here?

What did I do wrong?

Did I fuck everything up?

God damnit, Harry.

"I'm," the words clawed their way up from my throat, taking me by surprise, "sorry."

Louis smiled and looked more comfortable than before; well, it was evident he was secure again considering he was back at squeezing in the chair.

"Who are you, really?" I questioned with a soft tone, sat back down and crossed my arms.

"I'm just a little boy from Doncaster," he shrugged, "there's not much to know about me."

I quirked an eyebrow - there has to be more to know about him. I want there to be more to know about him. So, I dramatically threw my head back and gave Louis a long, sardonic sigh, "Fine, if that's what you say."

Louis rolled his eyes and huffed a laugh, "Alright, alright. As you know, my name is Louis Tomlinson. I grew up with my mum in Doncaster and now live alone at the age of 23. My childhood was relatively shitty; it's not the best to talk about. My favorite sport is football and I play it whenever I get the chance, just like I used to in grade school and high school. It always made me laugh how the coaches accepted me, though, considering I was one of the quietest kids there. Then from there on, I matured into the immature man I am."

Louis presented a big, goofy grin which made me crack a small smile.

"You have a beautiful smile, Harry." Louis murmured, but I couldn't tell if he wanted me to hear or not, so I let it go - but not forgotten.

"Do you like books, Louis?" I tilted my head, waiting for an answer. My mind was set on knowing as much as possible about Louis; getting all advantage points incase something was to ever happen.

He simply shrugged his shoulders. Not a yes, nor a no. Just an I don't know.

"Wait!" Louis yelped and a mischievous look formed on his face, "Are we talking about Fifty Shades of Grey? In that case..."

I started laughing, genuinely laughing. My heart was beating fast and my breath hitched a few times. Louis, who I really didn't know longer than a day or two, made me happy. The happiness was something new to me, I haven't felt that emotion in years.

But I needed to contain this happiness or my childhood would reappear. That's the very last thing I need.

And quite frankly, it bothers me.

[A/N]: sorrY ABOUT LATE UPDATES. i give you permission to hate me tbh.

-xxlarryschildxx